quietearth [Celluloid 09.12.07] post apocalyptic movie news

Woohoo! Really, we have so many genre films right now, I am beaming, I wish you could see it. Anyways here's one from The Asylum which will be released on November 18th, and I don't know if that's dvd or on the sci-fi channel. There isn't much info on this, but basically the movies about the last man on earth who must battle the undead to survive.

UPDATE:
Special thanks to Jennifer Lee Wiggins who stars as Brianna in this flick for letting us know there is now a youtube trailer. And in case you don't make it down as far as the comments, she also let us know it's releasing on dvd! Thanks Jennifer!

2ND UPDATE:
We've been getting a lot of traffic on this post, and I spoke with Asylum on Friday November 9th, we'll be getting a copy for review which will be up by November 17th, and the actual release date is November 20th.

Quicktime trailer here:

mobious (11 years ago) Reply

can you say omega man ripoff

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

they're sending a screener which I am greatly looking forward too, so we'll have a review!

Omega-Brianna (11 years ago) Reply

It's going to be released on dvd.. first... I'm sure it'll end up on Sci-Fi...
There's a trailer up on youtube:

Am I Legend (11 years ago) Reply

Yet another adaptation of Matheson's book of the 1950s, I Am Legend. Funny that it's coming out one month before the big budget Will Smith version.

Hurtig (11 years ago) Reply

Dont you just love the spamming about how this is a rip off, its a rip off on the omega man, its a rip off on I am legend, whine whine whine. Even mobious didnt get it, even though there was already a comment posted a month before he posted saying its BASED ON A BOOk, is it really that difficult to understand?

chabs (11 years ago) Reply

Book= I Am Legend (the best book I ever read)
The movies that followed are all good for there own reasons.
The Last Man On Earth
Omega Man
now= I Am Omega
soon= I Am Legend
Im just glad I get to see more movies adapted from the best book ever, hell the novel I am legend gave George A. Romero the idea for Night of the Living Dead which basically invented the zombie genre and I love the zombie genre.

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

well put chabs! and this has an Iron Chef tip..

Alex (10 years ago) Reply

I just saw this film. I've also watched other Asylum pictures, "Transmorphers". That one was difficult to watch. The Asylum appears to be trying very hard to get quality work off the ground. Now, a word about "I am Omega".

I liked it! They didn't try to pretend that it was so serious that they couldn't play it a little Campy (A littl like "Army of Darkness"). I've seen films of this caliber make it to the movie theatres that really were'nt as good. I don't know how that happens. Anyway there were goofy scenes and clever scenes and suspenseful scenes. One suspenseful one in particular was when a little boys shadow darts across a parking structure and ends up being face to face with Jennifer Wiggins. That made my daughter hide her eyes. That's a trmendous improvement for The Asylum!. The sound was top notch too! I particularly liked Jennifer lee Wiggins. She had such a Rebellious Pouty face, while still being cute. It worked. Decascos challenged himself beyond just being a Martial Artist with some emotional scenes. Right on! It's about time one of those types take a chance and try that. All in All I'm not sorry I spent my money on it. After suffering through parts of "Cabin Fever", which was only mediocre, I would have enjoyed this in a theatre at least equally as well if not more. Hope Asylum can keep this up. Oh, one harsh criticism I have. Why were those Mutant Zombies running around during the day. That was an extremely bad call. HELLO! Light sensitive! Soley Nocturnal is just a whole lot more scary. Some of those Zombie costumes, The "Bald guys" in particular weren't that good, I could see their flaws in the light. I thought, Please don't do that again. Watch this film folks it's pretty good. I've watched it twice already, FUN!

declan (10 years ago) Reply

life is short, thats 90 minutes you,ll never get back .dont bother watching this. waiste of time .laughabley bad.

quietearth (10 years ago) Reply

yeah I have to agree with Declan

amsterdam (10 years ago) Reply

i am, a warrior
i am the last man on earth
i am not alone
i am asian
i am, wearing
nikes
i am
the
straight
man
on earth
(the invasion spread all across the earth, making every straight man gay, and every gay man into a flesh eating vampire)
one man is immune
and hes killing gay people
one by one
by one
i
am
STRAIGHT!

rod1234 (10 years ago) Reply

I am omega sucks!!!! what a very annoying film! I just wasted my money watching this film!Fuck you people who madee this movie!

Mark Southam (10 years ago) Reply

This movie was a real real bad movie the cover picture for the movie was never in the movie, acting was bad, Well give me some of the movie they spend on this crap and I could do better with my eyes closed! Lets get bad to good movies, other poor stupid movies are; cloverfield, day watch!!!
wow bad movies 101.......... :(

anonymous (10 years ago) Reply

This must be the worst movie that exists. I'm not sure how the directors and producers can hold jobs or sleep at night knowing that such crap has been created. I want my hour of life and 4 dollars for rental back! Movie is slow, has no climax, only effects are the zombies (really bad K-mart bought body suits), there is no acting done in this film. I'm quite certain my 2 cats could portray this film better. I am actually considering proving this!!! I have just registered and have never made a comment on any movie until now because I cannot believe how boring and crap this actually is....I'm not sure which word should go first.

Overall if I could, I'd give this movie a 0 instead of 1. If you want to fall asleep quickly without any alcohol or drugs I recommend buying this film and watching it repeatedly.

Please do not operate heavy machinery for at least a year after watching this film, as the boredom is sure to last.

I pray to God there is not going to be a sequel.

what a waste...... fuckinf awesome movie, not..

Dave (9 years ago) Reply

Bad,Bad,Bad
How do you start a car by twisting wires together? What about the locking steering wheel?
This could be a good show if you fire the writers and start fresh.
What a disappointment!

wes sandlin (9 years ago) Reply

Seriously! not only is this a freakin terrible movie. But the guys who made it should be sued by the makers of I AM LEGEND for copyright infringement. I mean, competely ripped off the entire movie. Even down to the main character talking to mannequins cause he's lonely...THIS MOVIE SUCKED!!!

darlingrascal (8 years ago) Reply

Sy-Fy channel: Can you just buy The Omega Man? Its an older movie, cheap to buy and with Charlton Heston the acting is way, way better. This rip-off didn't even have a good ending or nice gratuitous sex. I could have made a better movie on a student film budget.