quietearth [Celluloid 04.17.08] movie news scifi horror

Pin It Share on Google+

Wow, another trailer for a film we reported on way back in November. The Dark Lurking was filmed in Australia and looks right stylish in it's scifi design. "In a research station 1 Mile beneath the Earth's surface a horde of ravenous creatures is killing everything they see. All that are left are 8 survivors, running low on ammo, light and hope." Yeah it's somewhat reminiscent of Aliens but the footage below looks great! Distribution rights just went on sale so it might be a while on this one folks.

Our previous post on The Dark Lurking with full synopsis and more footage
via Gomorrahy

sonaboy (6 years ago) Reply

christ..could that movie look ANY MORE like Aliens? What's the point?

quietearth (6 years ago) Reply

ok so it's not just "somewhat" reminiscent of aliens, heh.

Well there are a lot of bad Aliens-like movies out there (Doom anyone?), but what sets this one apart in my mind is that, despite it's low budget, it's really pushing the envelope in the practical FX department and atmosphere. I think it looks bad ass.

Not Scott Bakula (6 years ago) Reply

I'm with agentorange, that looks righteous.

Roland (6 years ago) Reply

Looks great to me!

We all loved Alien, Aliens and such...why not "Welcome" with open arms a film/s that captures that feeling, action and mood well?

I say the more "well done" action/scifi/horror the better!

Will be on the look out for this one for sure :)

Thanks for the heads up and preview!

Regards

Roland

Roy Robart (5 years ago) Reply

Tonia Renee is amazing in this - she's set to be a top Australian actress. Nicole Kidman will have to learn to share the limelight!

Moebius (4 years ago) Reply

I've always had a sneaking suspicion that control over film making today has been taken over by an army of horny, retarded monkeys. But after this film, I fear something more sinister is happening. I fear that the monkeys are being overrun by a horde of heavily drugged cockroaches. For who else, but a cockroach on a very bad acid trip, would ever (and I mean EVER), make such an atrocity of a movie?? I think having my toenails removed by a madman with a rusty axe would a much more entertaining and fullfiling expirience than watching this film... Don't waste your time with this...

I saw it. Not a bad story, good pacing, people getting destroyed left and right... Only one complaint would be the tough guy. It's horribly funny to watch an australian sounding guy attempt to channel Clint Eastwood. The mutant monsters are alright, the soldiers gear looks hokey, but in the end it was an enjoyable watch...