quietearth [Celluloid 01.11.09] movie news scifi thriller fantasy

Pin It Share on Google+

We reported back in October on a temp trailer for the scifi Ryan Phillipe starrer Franklyn, but it was pretty poor quality and honestly looked nothing like this. Seriously, you want to check this out.

Preest, a masked vigilante detective, searching for his nemesis on the streets of Meanwhile City, a monolithic fantasy metropolis ruthlessly governed by faith and religious fervor. Esser (Bernard Hill) is a broken man, searching for his wayward son amongst the rough streets of London's homeless. Milo (Sam Riley) is a heartbroken thirty-something desperately trying to find a way back to the purity of first love. Emilia (Green) is a beautiful art student; her suicidal art projects are becoming increasingly more complex and deadly.

Trailer after ze break!

rcdude (5 years ago) Reply

Looks diffrent, and in a good way. The only problem is the music that was used. It reminded me too much of In A House In A Heartbeat.

Hot Fuzz (5 years ago) Reply

Yeah, what is that music. I recognize it from somewhere but I can't place it.

Blek (5 years ago) Reply

It reminds me of the music in 28 Days/Weeks Later I think

Shad (5 years ago) Reply

I get the same feeling watching the trailer for this movie that I did seeing the trailer for The Matrix 10 years ago and going "I have no ideal what the hell is going on here, but it looks and feels awesome." can't wait.

Chris (5 years ago) Reply

That's the music. 28 Weeks Later. Looks like a cool film. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

The song from 28 days later is by "Godspeed You! Black Emperor". The one in this trailer sound similar, but kinda watered down :)

But... maybe that's just me.

Useless piece of info no.2 - apparently GSYBE didn't allow their song to be used in the trailer for 28 days later. Only in the film...

So I guess this song used here is a bit different.

Ok, enough of the dorky GSYBE info :)