Christopher Webster [Celluloid 04.21.09] zombies news horror

Dying for some interesting zombie movie news? Yeah, we figured you were. We've just learned that writers Kieran Parker, Rae Brunton and Steve Barker are currently writing the sequel to 2007’s Outpost.

I wasn't under the impression that the first film did well enough to warrant a sequel, but there you go. I liked the first film's atmosphere but found it rather dull in parts. Here's hoping the second one will be a more solid affair. It's currently listed with a winter 2009 date, but that may actually be when they hope to start filming. Either way we'll keep you posted.

Anyone out there an Outpost fan?

sonaboy (7 years ago) Reply

I've begun watching it 3 times, but I can never finish it. The story seemed pretty cool, but I always seem to doze off before it gets good.

It never gets good, the movie is pretty awful.
And I don't think they were zombies, though. In a classic sense.

Guy (7 years ago) Reply

I seem to be in the minority, I thought it was a good solid film. Fun, slightly different riff on the usual zombies with some good actors. And I'll watch anything with Ray Stevenson.

I would love it if they wrote this as a prequel with British (yeah, I'm biased!) soldiers in 1945 encountering weird things in the depths of the Reich...(Providing it went beyond werewolf/vampire/zombie/ubersoldier).

Chris (7 years ago) Reply

It could have been better but I actually enjoyed it also. I like Ray Stevenson and he really helped the movie rise above the norm.

anthony (7 years ago) Reply

I really liked the idea and the atmosphere of the film but I though the premise was killed off with the naff "other dimension" stuff - if they kept to a story line of the zombie soldiers being zombies in the 'real' sense (made into zombies by way of experiments) that would have been much better IMHO. Yeah, and more gut-munching gore to go with it would have topped it off for me as a genuine classic ;-)

Hot Fuzz (7 years ago) Reply

Agree with comments above. Outpost had it's moments and a good cast (loved Ray Punisher) but just wasn't as amazing as I was hoping.

HeroicHenry (7 years ago) Reply

A fine movie considering its budget and the fact the couple producer took a gamble after selling their home to fund the movie. This time, they're granted 25 000 euro from Dumfries and Galloway Council.

theGoldenSimatar (7 years ago) Reply

I thought that the film was exceptoinal, far superior than other films of it's ilk like THE BUNKER or DEATHWATCH.

Chris_Posen (7 years ago) Reply

I found the movie excellent. What makes it stand out is that it revolves around the issue of secret german technology. I am bored with movies full of mindless zombies spawned by the means of some viruses or satanic cults, it is so dull... Can't wait to see the sequel!