quietearth [Celluloid 07.22.09] movie trailer news scifi animation comic

Pin It Share on Google+

From Fumihiko Sori, director of Vexille and Ichi comes a manga adaptation with a sweet looking teaser! Earlier report here and admittedly, while some of the cgi is stunning, some of it looks terrible.

Can anyone provide a translation of the synopsis from the official website?

Teaser after the break.

olbertfrog (5 years ago) Reply

Having read 2001 nights mangas From the teaser i can say that this an adaptation of the "flying dutchman" story.
It tell the story of a middle aged man working on a space station (which is some kind of cannon that shoots containers with supplies toward the human moonbase) who is waiting the return of a spaceship called the flying dutchman.
When the ship arrives, you realise that there is something going on between the ship's captain, a young attractive female and the middle aged man. But you're not sure what it is until the very last panel.
Then a terrorist group invade the station and want to use the station cannon to shoot a container loaded with a nuclear weapon toward the Moonbase.
Very good and touching story.
Can't wait to see it.

Just checked the website, seems like there is 2 story. In the character section, the aged man and the girl from the flying dutchman are on the left. I don't recognize from wich story the characters on the right are from.

I have the manga of this, it is very nice. Really looking forward to seeing the story in motion.

It already seems more interesting than Cameron's Avatar. :-)

olbertfrog (5 years ago) Reply

It's completely different from AVATAR.
I don't see the point in comparing these two or even comparing at all.

The AVATAR BASHING has begun it seems...

Anyone know about this? I mean out of JP release or something with my non existing japanese I managed to scoop together that it is released in japan and for sale in japanese online shops, but I'd like to know if there's going to be a release outside. I'd really really like to see this.