Christopher Webster [Celluloid 10.20.09] movie trailer apocalyptic news scifi

Coming off their mega SyFy success that was Megafault, The Asylum offer up yet another dose of earthly destruction in 2012: Supernova. I'm no fan of the production house because I think they have the resources to do better things and there's no reason they should be producing 26,000 titles a year. However, one day they will be considered a modern AIP or Full Moon.

Synopsis:
When a star in a nearby galaxy becomes unstable and goes supernova, an astrophysicist puts together a dangerous and desperate plan to shield the Earth from the destructive burst of radiation heading toward it.

Starring Brian Krause, Heather McComb, Najarra Townsend.

Trailer after the break.

arnold (9 years ago) Reply

Seems like the solution to every world destroying event is to send Nuclear missiles into space.. I feel safe now.

Tommyboy (9 years ago) Reply

I miss Full Moon. The better movies anyway. Asylum doesn't make any memorably movies, just bad copies of better movies. I agree, they have the resources to do better.

donc48 (9 years ago) Reply

This looks like a typical SYFY disaster flick I couldn’t watch Mega Fault. Or the one with the sun going ape Sh&^% I can’t remember the name they tend to run together. SYFY Saturday is the most dangerous night of television because it forces you, to start dating and go out with your disreputable friends, who are more geeky than you are.

I Love SYFY

this one better have some giant cgi snakes in it or i'm quitting syfy for good.

UncleB (9 years ago) Reply

What Adam Baldwin wasn't available?

Chris Fenwick (9 years ago) Reply

Love to see some happy endings/beginning around 2012 like in "the 100th human" http://www.the100thhuman.com

wait.. a supernova from a nearby galaxy? wouldn't that take millions of years to reach us? Besides, the supernova would have already happened and we probably would have seen it's flash and be done with it all in one get go.

Seriously, I wish people that come up with these movies would do a little bit of scientific research before they write the crap. At least have the science behind the movie somewhat believable before you go forward with it.