Christopher Webster [Celluloid 10.24.09] post apocalyptic movie news

Australia's ABC news featured this short segment with Mad Max director George Miller where he talks about the upcoming Mad Max 4: Fury Road project and even shows off some new rusty post-apocalyptic four-wheelers.

That's all for now gang!

Check out the interview after the break.

Anglebender (10 years ago) Reply

Even without Mel it will be awesome!

Chris (10 years ago) Reply

GREAT interview. Thanks so much for posting this piece. Can't wait to see who they cast.

ekimardneh (10 years ago) Reply

I think not having Gibson would be pretty depressing but I'll still be excited nonetheless. I've always enjoyed George Miller. He has always done solid work in my opinion.

Skippy (10 years ago) Reply

Hey spell Australia properly!!!

wilcoy (10 years ago) Reply

Mad Max 4: FURY ROAD... I'm really looking forward in seeing what George Miller puts together for the next Mad Max sequel. The title itself 'Fury Road' peaks my interest. Great segment.

Jonas (10 years ago) Reply

So wait, they are actually, ACTUALLY making fury road? There's been news of this being made every four month or so the last couple of years and it has never amounted to anything.

But they're in production right now? What exactly is the status of this? Is it still animated?

I have to say I'm pretty stunned we'll maybe get to see Fury Road.. it seemed so doomed.

brc (10 years ago) Reply

In an article I read in a newspaper yesterday it was mentioned that Sam Worthington might be considered for the role of Max

Mahoni (10 years ago) Reply

No Mel, No Point...

rek (10 years ago) Reply

What happened to Mad Max 4 being animated? Not that I wanted a cartoon for a sequel, but that was the buzz for a while.

As long as we don't get a retread of Thunderdome, a truly awful movie. How the hell Miller followed the mighty Road Warrior with that junk is still beyond me. When do we finally see the light of day on the Road Warrior definitive dvd to?

uncleB (10 years ago) Reply

thank God this isn't going to be animated. I hope Tom Hardy gets cast as Max. Truly f***n awesome. Great interview agentorange.