agentorange [Celluloid 12.15.09] movie trailer news horror

Pin It Share on Google+

A couple of weeks back we broke the news that The Asylum would be releasing their own take on the found-footage sub-genre of horror. In true Asylum fashion, that film is called Paranormal Entity, a riff on Oren Peli's massively successful micro-budget film, Paranormal Activity.

Though don't be too quick to judge this book by its mockbuster title folks, because besides the name, Paranormal Entity doesn't appear to have that much in common with Peli's film story-wise. For starters, it's about the murder of a family. And secondly, it's obviously taking its queues from Blair Witch.

Synopsis:
Actual footage of the events leading to the 2008 "murder" of Samantha Finley. This DVD, released against the wishes of the authorities, proves that nothing human caused Samantha's death.

If you're wondering why this article doesn't mention who stars in the film, or who the director is, it's because The film has no credits. The Asylum are telling us that it's because the footage is all real - but with their prankster track record, can you blame me for being a little skeptical?

At any rate, check out the first trailer for Paranormal Entity after the break and decide it is indeed even scarier than the entirety of Paranormal Activity. The film streets on DVD on 29 December, 2009

Scott (4 years ago) Reply

Um, no, PARANORMAL ENTITY is *not* scarier than the movie it rips off. It has zero scares and a plethora of gratuitous T&A. It's probably the best movie The Asylum has produced so far, but that's really not saying very much.

Skinstripper (4 years ago) Reply

Paranormal Activity was a waste of my time. I agree, this trailer looks much better than that whole film was.

Cletus (4 years ago) Reply

Paranormal Activity was a scary movie??? This one looks just as lame.

Tester (4 years ago) Reply

This movie is terrible. This trailer lies. Ugh... Paranormal Activity was fantastic. This is shit.

Theseus (4 years ago) Reply

Death to Asylum!

cyclops76 (4 years ago) Reply

Man this looks lame...I loved Paranormal Activity, It's in my top 10 horror movies of all time, in my opinion it lived up to it's hype.

Skinstripper (4 years ago) Reply

Wow, I can't belive you guys like Paranormal Activity. It's hype was way overblown. The only good part was her screaming in the end before she killed her boyfriend, and the dragging off the bed. Come on, you thought the ouija board on fire scene was good? Also, the poor acting and booooooring inbetween setup scenes just put me to sleep with its monotony. This movie at least is trying to entertain.

sonaboy (4 years ago) Reply

weaksauce with extra big ass molecules.

DinaRella (4 years ago) Reply

I thought this flick was waaaay better than Paranormal Activity. I actually enjoyed it! I think they did an outstanding job of scaring the sh*t out of you without using blood, gore, guts or the kind of carnage contained in slasher movies. Hitchcock used the same tactic for his movies. Ya did a great job Asylum!

george (4 years ago) Reply

hey paranormal entity is the best suspense movie I have ever seen. it makes that paranomal activity look a shit. believe me see this movie.

Nico (4 years ago) Reply

Personally i think both movies are horrible, but Paranormal Entity has a much better plot to it than Paranormal Activity, but they both weren't very entertaining. Previews made them both seem like it was crazy scary, i maybe jumped once or twice watching both of theses.

I hate to be another negative comment, but someone said "the trailer looked better than the movie." That trailer looked like, well, a YouTube video, and a poor one at that, so if the movie is actually WORSE... I'm nervous.

JEssie (4 years ago) Reply

This movie was WAY scarier than paranormal activity, alot more things happen and it keeps your eyes attached the screen and you on the edge of your seat!

Linz (4 years ago) Reply

Um....Entity is way better then Activity. Paranormal Entity scared the shit out of me. Is it a true story?

noor (4 years ago) Reply

yo guys wait the acting come on PA was way better than this, these ppl cant even act okay so wat if the girl is hot the stuff happning in this movie i cant even force myself to believe i swear when i watched PA i really believed that!!!!

dudes(and dudesses), i just watched paranormal entity. it was an hour and a half of the best humour i have seen since the last three stoogies movie i saw. talk about low budget. summary of the movie; from the first scene on, the acting is diabolical by everyone, this is summed up by the fact that the only good 20 seconds of good acting was done by the son/brother,
who for 99% of the movie hid behind the camera. special effects; some guy hiding low behind a couch and kicking a table, a scary looking cross continuingly falling, on different nights (ooooooooooohhh), whole cost of special effects; a cheeseburger and a coke, no fries. whole story line: totally crud, this is summed up by the fact that at the beginning of the movie, we are told that the son was arrested for raping and killing his sister and the paranormal investigator, but then at the end, being told that sam was found in the arms of her brother, and that upon the news of the death of her children, ellen finlay took her own life. who made the emergency phone call if the brother died too? i thought he was arrested for the rape and murder of his sister! this script was not thought through (at all), and i could've did better for you tube. do yourself a favour and avoid this movie.

Kade665 (4 years ago) Reply

I think paranormal entity was scaryier than paranormal activity i fell asleep watching PA Im only ten and my parents dont mind if i watch horro movies this is a positive comment about this movie PE is scary and i love to be scared! i was at my friends house and we watched PE and her grandma made us thro it away because she thought we were going to open a potal then she made us pray and scared the crap out of us

dick johnson (3 years ago) Reply

ok ok paramormal activity was good but if u want the shit scared out of u watch "The Fourth Kind" THAT is one hell of a movie... u wont sleep after watching it, and u will get the goose bumps when u talk about it.. i am getting them as i write this!!

Insane Panda (3 years ago) Reply

What bullshit if you say that you liked Paranormal Activity was better than this. It was lame compared to this movie. If you thought Paranormal Activity was better or even scarier you have some weak hearts, or haven't been watching horror long. I have been watching horror since I was 4 and I have to say this was a really decent movie and left me on the corner of my bed waiting for more.Their actions were very realistic and the camera was actually set down more than TWICE!! So he could help them or knew when to turn it off! I give this 5 out of 5 stars.

bull (3 years ago) Reply

pe is just someone copeying pa.pa is actully good pes storyline is not as good. and pa is just way scarier

RightDeve (3 years ago) Reply

Nope nope nope... Last night I saw Paranormal Activity and then continue 30 minutes later (after rest and cooling off) for Paranormal Entity. All the time I'd been boasting how much Paranormal Activity will scare me, but DANG!! It felt like I was actually "trying" or "forcing" to scare myself watching PA; it's just that flat. No, PA is not that good, it is just flat and monotonic. PE has the gore and psych effect you won't forget, it is NOT flat, the story is kindof very smartly done. Two thumbs for PE. Although i should say that the opening text and the ending are not consistent, but that's just a minor flaw. What I wanted is how much this movie will scare me. DANG Paranormal Entity IS THE FILM, not PA. PA sucks!!! I'm yet to watch PA2 thou, people say it's WHOLLY scary, well let's see...