quietearth [Celluloid 03.26.10] movie trailer news scifi

Wow, low budget, but the cgi and designs look utterly incredible. We just got the heads up on this no-budget crowd-sourced project which is an "action-adventure packed with 650 stunning visual effects". Further they claim: "This movie will eat your planet". As you know, we're all for the little guy here so I hope this film lives up to what we see in the teaser.

After WWII, the Nalardians, an alien race, have brought their technology to Earth. Peace reigns under the world government they helped create, the Joint Command.

Nebraska Higgins plunges into a world of intrigue and struggle when Joint Command kills his father, a hero known by his exosuit, Arizona.

Seeing a prime opportunity, the London Underground, a rugged band of revolutionaries, recruits Nebraska to join the resistance against the Joint Command.

Can Nebraska deal with the loss of his father as interplanetary calamities threaten to destroy the world around him? Earth’s fate depends on the potential in a young man’s heart.

Two teasers after the break. Official website with more info-.

Looks awesome, but the music is a pain in the... Still looking forward to it.

GET TO DA CHOPPAAAAAA (7 years ago) Reply

aside from the CGI, this looks terrible. music doesn't match, you can the acting is weak, the synopsis is cliche and simply dumb...joint command?! this is exactly the crap that one would find on the syfy channel. sorry dude...total miss. FAIL.

WIsh the live action elements were as good as the CGI. It almost seems like the CG team was working on a different movie from the guys lighting and costuming the live action.

SKT (7 years ago) Reply

Looks amazing, especially considering the low-budget, and the music is AWESOME.

Ah love trolls, anyway for a movie with zero budgit this is awesome! All the work done was volunteer, Props!

Wow this looks freaking amazing, I can't wait for it to be released!!!

ah (7 years ago) Reply

I totally disagree on the music, I like it a lot. I also think it looks pretty good for a low-budget flick that we've only seen a few moments of... looking forward to more!

Henrik (7 years ago) Reply

Been following this project for a while now and sure it's got a weird mix between low budget film-making and awesome fx-work. If they can market and distribute this half as good as when they made it, I think it will change the minds of a lot of producers out there. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it, as soon as I possibly can.

Andrew (7 years ago) Reply

This movie is a revolution, they used the free program called "Blender" to produce the visual sequences. This movie will indeed eat my planet and I can't wait to see what it does for everyone else.

I think the music is great and I like the way the teaser matches with it. There are some fun shots in there and cool effects. I'm not sure how one can judge the acting based on that small amount of film, however. Looking forward to seeing this.

roatanrev (7 years ago) Reply

Looks AMAZING! The music is fantastic! For a group of guys with no-budget, this is incredible. I am VERY excited to see the final project!

CGI looks great! Looking forward to seeing it!

Dekker (7 years ago) Reply

There's a vitality to these indie projects that Hollywood can neither match nor stifle. I want to see more!

Don't get why people keep saying that the live action and the music are bad. I think the both fit the style of the movie that this is trying to create: a somewhat silly, wild ride. It definitely has Ian Hubert (the director) written all over.

protected capitols (7 years ago) Reply

People are saying the live action is bad... because it's obvious that it is. Even without dialogue, it's obvious. I agree, the CGI looks good, but as someone else mentioned earlier, it IS like the live action and CGI teams were working on different films. The low budget look of the lighting and atmosphere of the live action sequences glares in contrast to the look of the CGI.

DD (7 years ago) Reply

FABULOUS ! ! !

The CGI looks great, but the acting looks really weak and shallow.

BJ (7 years ago) Reply

The lovely Jen Page is in this!

Charlie Allison (7 years ago) Reply

This looks amazing. It could revolutionize film making.

Epic.