agentorange [Celluloid 03.26.10] movie apocalyptic news

Pin It Share on Google+

We've just learned that "Y: The Last Man" scribe, Brian K. Vaughan, is shopping around a spec script called “The Vault”. Described as a cross between “Ocean’s 11″ and “2012″/”Children of Men”, the script follows "a master thief’s attempt to break into the Doomsday Vault to steal the one seed that could prevent the extinction of the human race."

For the benefit of those of you who have not seen Life after People, the vault is the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, located on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen, about 810 miles from the North Pole. It is funded entirely by the Norwegians and cost around $9 million. The purpose of the massive vault is to house thousands of plant seeds from across the world, and is designed to survive global catastrophes.

That's a picture of said vault to the right.

Thanks to QE reader Randolph for pointing us towards our pals at Slash Film for the scoop.

donc48 (4 years ago) Reply

“the world’s greatest thief must break into the extremist-controlled Doomsday Vault to steal the one seed that could prevent the extinction of the human race.”

This worries me, trying to break into the Doomsday vault PA movie is a great idea, one I think others are working on it (Or should be). I have trouble with the one seed and extremist controlled slant with Hollywood’s history. What’s the matter with a group of people getting to the vault trying to get in with the barriers and plot twists in between? Is a PA Mission impossible VXX really needed I know I’m being really judgmental and the things not even made yet? I’m just tired of bad PA movies.
I don’t think I’ll see this one when or if it comes out with Brian K Vaughan’s history and body of work I think selling this may not be that hard. I’ll try and keep an open mind (Again).

Eater of lotus (4 years ago) Reply

The seed the thieves are after is CANNABIS isn't it?

Seed that can save humanity is describing cannabis.

so this is it huh (4 years ago) Reply

Lol @ the weed comment!

@donc48:
since y: the last man sounded rly silly to me too before i read it i'd say chance are pretty good that this is going to be great.

JeremyS (4 years ago) Reply

I think I'll wait for a trailer before I say what I think of this movie. could be cool, as we've seen ludicrous ideas become good movies before, and good ideas become shitty movies.

Also, cannabis is for losers. Just saying :D

Lotus Eater (4 years ago) Reply

JeremyS, take the red pill.

Cannabis is for WINNERS. Just saying ;-)

JeremyS (4 years ago) Reply

Wow, lotus eater, you've changed my mind! I think I'll smoke up cause your argument is so convincing!

You've made my point, sir. Thanks. :)

Lotus Eaaters (4 years ago) Reply

You come over to my house, Ill roll you up a blunt. Just remember puff puff pass pass my friend. ;-)

Cannabis has been used since prehistoric ancient times as it is used today. There are no recorded deaths from cannabis usage. It does not disrupt homeostasis within the human system. It is non toxic & beneficial to the human condition. I strongly urge you to reevaluate your stance on the blessing unto mankind known as the cannabis plant.

Cannabis assists in curing cancer,herpes, and flu. It is medicine you can grow.

So far, the oldest documented usage of the magical herb cannabis discovered last I heard was by a Tocharian shaman. They found the stash buried with him in his grave.

If you are interested in learning more about cannabis, I recommend the cannabis vault on the website erowid. It is a valuable resource for unbiased information.