Christopher Webster [Celluloid 06.01.10] post apocalyptic movie trailer news

David Sakurai (Through the Darkness) just handed us the firt trailer for a new Danish (but English language) post-apocalyptic actioner he's starring in called Eastern Army. And honestly, it looks pretty great. Maurauding cannibals, some great costumes, a dusty setting and fantastic photography make this look like a winner.

Eastern Army premiered in Copenhagen, Denmark April 9 at the 'Movie Battle Film Festival' where it recieved "The Audience Award" and a "Best Actor Award" for the lead David Sakurai. Next, the film will tour fests in North America and around Europe.

Synopsis:
In a post-apocalyptic future mankind survives by either killing or hiding. The only hope is that the mythic Eastern Army will one day come and re-build society. A stranger (David Sakurai) arrives at a small settlement to cheat the inhabitants out of food and information by making them believe he is from the army. That ten-year-old Jessica (Mia Dinitzen) believes in him nagues him with guilt.

When a gang of killers and their ruthless leader (Danny Thykær) arrive to kill the inhabitants the stranger has to choose between running away or riscing his life to save Jessicca - and will the Eastern Army rescue them in time?

Eastern Army stars David Sakurai, Danny Thykær, Ole Kristian Thomassen, Benjamin Sitrit, Magnus Bruun Nielsen, Morten Pøhlsgaard, Russel Collins, Maja Muhlack and Mia Dinitzen as ”Jessica”.

The film will be released on dvd in Scandinavia later this year.

Check out the first trailer from the film below and watch for a review in the near future.

Awesome!! Look forward to this!

benizdead (8 years ago) Reply

looks like The Postman done properly

you guys are too generous. this looks awful. if the trailer can't hide the bad acting, bad scripting, and bad directing, the movie itself will be really, really bad. sorry, i love post-apocalyptic stuff as much as the next guy, but calling this "awesome" and "the postman done properly" based off this 90-second trailer is just delusional.

Kudzu Bob (8 years ago) Reply

Looks awful. Not only does it plagiarize a bad movie, The Postman, it also steals from The Road, with that bit about the adult reminding the children that they had rehearsed suicide before.

And for desperate survivors of an apocalypse, they're wearing fairly decent threads. Hell, I've donated rattier outfits to the Salvation Army.

Also, why do the cannibals--who are, presumably, still human--act like horror movie zombies?

GET TO DA CHOPPAAAAAA (8 years ago) Reply

lame...cinematography is weak. no night shots whatsoever. why does all the fighting occur during the day? everyone sleeps like in Dark City? this looks more like a fan-made film.

What are you talking about? This movie looks like it is great! I would watch it right away!

texasgladiator (8 years ago) Reply

Am definitelty going to watch this!!! When and where is it coming out in North America?

I hope this comes in cinemas. It looks really cool!

shaven in (8 years ago) Reply

"I release the hounds of war". Mmmkay. If the preview hadn't lost me already, that line sure did.

Lenman (8 years ago) Reply

Don't be trashing on the Postman, it could have been better but it wasn't as bad as the media made everyone believe.

This is only a trailer how can tell there is no night scenes?

TommyBoy (8 years ago) Reply

Def. some spamming on this board. And the Postman was a horrible movie. This looks pretty bad as well.

I agree. The postman wasn't as bad as everyone thought.
And why criticize a post-apocalyptic movie for looking like other post-apocalyptic movies. What should it look like then? Beethoven?
I think this movie looks awesome. I'm definitely going to see this!!!

I think it looks cool! It looks like it both takes the genre serious and still contains some of the cheasy features from the eighties. I am definitely looking forward to this!!

I have to see this!!
WHEN AND WHERE?
Does anyone know?

xalapa mainly (8 years ago) Reply

@ the last anonymous post... if you had read the article above and weren't just spamming, you would have noticed that it's going straight to DVD in Scandinavia later this year.

DeusMaximus (8 years ago) Reply

Welllllllll the jury ain't out. Certain images look well done, but most look like the Midnight Chronicles movie or other fan movies.

TommyBoy (8 years ago) Reply

Spammers make me not want to see this movie, ever.

Hal20011 (8 years ago) Reply

Why the hell would spammers stop you from watching a movie?
I'm going to watch this movie no matter what!

TommyBoy (8 years ago) Reply

If the movie can't stand on it's own merits and needs trolls to boost it's popularity, how good can it be? Answer: Not very. So go see this movie, "no matter what!" Which, in itself, is a very weird thing to say.

hal20011 (8 years ago) Reply

Easy there. All I'm saying is that I thought the trailer looked cool, and I'll decide for myself, with or without spammers... or you.

Eric VT (8 years ago) Reply

trolls to boost its popularity ? Really now I had no idea the director or producer of the film was paying those trolls $$$ to go aroundbullshit all of us into thinking the movie looks good. Come on there trolls no more no less. Eather itr looks good to you or it does not. I really don't think a trolls comment can sway ones decision in one way or another to see a film now do you ? To me it looks just fine what most PA fimls look like. I will give it a try

TommyBoy (8 years ago) Reply

Ha ha, obvious troll is obvious.

Just saw that Eastern Army will have US premiere at 'Action On Film' filmfeetival in Pasadena, on saturday july 24th.
I'm going!!!