Christopher Webster [Film Festival 06.02.10] Tuvalu post apocalyptic news interview horror gallery

AMC's Walking Dead series has officially begun production and information is slowly leaking onto the net. Right out of the gate we've got a video interview with producer Gale Anne Hurd and the writer/director bringing it to the screen, Frank Darabont. We've also got a few images of "the walkers" featuring some great zombie make-up (via: AITH).

Synopsis:
Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.

Check out the images and watch the video interview after the break.

GET TO DA CHOPPAAAAAA (9 years ago) Reply

I'm extremely excited about this, as I've read every issue since its debut. This comic series has excellent characters and goes places where most PA stories are afraid to go.

However, I was quite disappointed that the director made no reference whatsoever to the creator and writer, Robert Kirkman. Instead, he mentioned Romero. I really hope he respects the source material

Hot Fuzz (9 years ago) Reply

It's probably just because Darabont's point of reference would be film and Romero is undoubtedly the king of zombie cinema (regardless of his new output).

I read somewhere that the producers were intent on staying true to the soure material... but then again, how many time have we heard that?

Assuming SHAWSHANK Frank shows up, and not MIST Frank, This is going to be AWESOME!

Hate to say it but I don't have high hopes for this. AMC is a pussy ass network, this really needed to go to HBO. To have no F bomb, and no gore !!! pppfttt, that is going to dramatically hurt the realism that the comics represent.

Andy (9 years ago) Reply

hehe, I would LOVE to see a realistic zombie film; "They're coming to get you, Baraba... no, wait, that's just a motionless corpse with no desire whatsoever for brains. My bad. Carry on."

Hank (9 years ago) Reply

Hell... I hope this turns out great, dig the comic. Picture #3 is one helluva cool zombie....

I had seen issues of Walking Dead in the bookstore a couple times, but I never bothered to pick it up. My friend Paige recently lent me the compendium and i must say that I AM FUCKING ADDICTED! haha

@anonymous comment #4: Actually, they can use gore in the movie, but if they want to use "Fuck" they'll have to reach a MA rating. Plus, you know how many people without proper cable would be pissed that they can't watch this on HBO because they can't spring a few extra dollars? It'd be retarded, I'd stab somebody if this came out but i was unable to watch it.

The Walking Dead is bar none the best zombie graphic novel series I've ever read. It perfectly portrays what a post-zombie-apocalypse America would like and what the handful of human survivors would have to endure in a country overrun by millions of zombies. I think AMC could do a good job with it but they need to portray on screen the sheer overwhelming situation the survivors are faced. It can make for a very depressing plot but zombie fans like that kind of plot anyway.

Hussman (9 years ago) Reply

They used the F word in 'Breaking Bad' this season. Yeah, it was muted out, but AMC isn't afriad to go there. They've also had blurred out boobs as well.

LRobHubbard (9 years ago) Reply

Frank... if WALKING DEAD is a success for AMC, pitch 'em FAHRENHEIT 451!!! If the big screens won't take a change, go with cable!

wilcoy (9 years ago) Reply

Sweet! Looking forward to it...Kudos to AMCtv for taking a chance on the P-A Zombie genre.

Jeeze, nice of Frank Darabont to mak mention of the author, the one who actually came up with the WHOLE IDEA! Romero is great, but it's Kirkman's story. How about a little love for the source, Darabont?