Christopher Webster [Celluloid 08.24.10] Tuvalu post apocalyptic zombies movie trailer news

AMC has finally release a proper version of that Walking Dead promo trailer that was released at Comic Con. Personally I think the show looks amazing and it makes a good case for skipping Halloween parties this year and staying in to catch the 90 minute pilot set to air on October 31.

For those of you who don't know, The Walking Dead is based on Robert Kirkman's graphic novel series about police officer Rick Grimes who leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies. The pilot is directed by Frank Daradont, who won't continue to direct into the series.

Trailer after the break.

bad dog (9 years ago) Reply

Holy crap this looks great. The zombies look great and are scary. The show doesn't have that cheesy made for TV look and it appears to be faithful to the original comic. Can't wait to see it.

tox (9 years ago) Reply

Looks good, but how sensitive is AMC regarding blood and gore?

chuck (9 years ago) Reply

This looks good. I've not read the original work, but the 'waking up from an illness to the apocalypse' plot device seems kind of common. How many films/books/comics have used it before? I can think of 28 Days Later, Earth Abides, The Long, Loud Silence by Wilson Tucker (a hangover!)... I know there are more. Any thoughts?

TheDarkOne (9 years ago) Reply

The book Out of the Ashes ( first book of the Ashes series by Johnstone ) has the main character sick and sleeping through a limited nuclear war.

Shocbomb (9 years ago) Reply

All I known is the Walking Dead did the waking up from the whole coma in the middle of the apocalypse before 28 days did and I am tired of hearing people say the other

I hear so many people say that The Walking Dead is doing nothing but bitting off of 28 days for it opening. But what most don't know is Robert Kirkman wrote this comic around 2000/01 and handed it in to image before the movie 28 late even came out.

bad dog (9 years ago) Reply

The only thing that worries me is this: "The pilot is directed by Frank Daradont, who won't continue to direct into the series." I hope they don't dumb down or otherwise screw it up after the pilot. It's happened before.

nekrodwarf (9 years ago) Reply

Can't wait!looks great,, The Day Of The Triffids also a nice old one when it comes to waking up in the hospital and finding the world gone to shit,but who cares .the trailer looks good ,just hope that the series won't be thinned out as it runs along and that they keep the level of exposed guts on a decent level.

soma (9 years ago) Reply

who cares what anyone says. The comic is great, this looks great. Massively hyped about this

Nena (9 years ago) Reply

I've been longing for some good zombie stuff. Looks like this could be it!

Johnny Blanco (9 years ago) Reply

I have to say I was looking forward to this even after I finished reading the first issue of Walking Dead. I knew it'd be a movie or a TV series and was hoping for a TV series... looks like my dreams or nightmares have come true.

David Banner (9 years ago) Reply

"...six, one-hour episodes for season one"

AMC not too sure about this show? 6 episodes issnt that much

Actually the Walking Dead was written before 28 Days Later was even released so they didn't copy the idea. However, it's not a unique story as Day of the Triffids used it as well. Anyway I love the comic book & look forward to AMC's version.

Frank Darabont*