quietearth [Celluloid 09.10.10] Germany movie trailer news scifi action

Pin It Share on Google+

Folks, I'd love to expound here, but my life is so hectic right now that I don't have the time. Previous post with original concept teaser.

The story is set in the distant future, mankind has spread out into space. Over the course of centuries the early colonies have evolved into giant empires, battling for supremacy for the last 75 years. Peace is long forgotten and earth is just a legend...

Rick Walker, former fighter pilot turned disillusioned freelance flyer is hired to transport a mysterious woman to the site of a secret peace negotiation.

Walkers and Perkins' way becomes a fight against time as they are attacked by an enemy that seems to come from the ranks of their own military, an enemy that Walker knows all too well...

Teaser after the break.

Fox (4 years ago) Reply

I am German. And I tell you this will be a boring stinker. Normally, I give every crap a well-deserved chance, but this one. No.
The CGI looks okay-ish (and "inspired" by all other movies), but the rest - costumes, production and set-design, along with the wooden amateurs who call themselves actors, are going from plain bad to non-existent. Remember Emmerich´s Moon 44....compare this to Nydenion (what a retarded name, somehow we Germans come always up with spherical sounding names when it concerns science fiction) and tell me...is there a huge difference?! Hey, we can make some great movies, but sadly the majority is just a plain failure.

FICTIS (4 years ago) Reply

Woa, these guys have been working on this film forever, looks like they might finally pull it out.
Thumbs up to those guys for finishing such an ambitious film. A pity they had to replace most of their model work for CGI, they did an awesome job on the models. I agree acting looks bad but still, I will encourage them because I know how much work it takes to self-finance a film and this one represents an incredible amount of pre-production and post-production work.

Stop Motion Works (4 years ago) Reply

@FOX - Very negative and premature judgement you make based on a trailer. I know someone who has been working on 'Nydenion'. What I appreciated at first, that traditional special effects methods were to be used, but if it is true that most of effects are now CGI synthesized, I am perhaps somewhat disappointed. However, for low budget independent feature, the aesthetics have very high production values. This is only a teaser. To me the acting appears to be acceptable & believable. I enjoy more, independent features than what is produced my the mainstream movie business.

If I can get my hands on it (I live in Ecuador si fat chance, unless it's a bootleg) I'll watch it. I'm always willing to give foreign Sci-Fi a chance.

By the way, @Fox, how is Nydenion similar to moon 44? That movie was about warring corporations, espionage and convicted felons as pilots who don't get along and abuse their teen navigators. I don't see any of that in this teaser.

wtf (4 years ago) Reply

i agree with Fox. if the acting in the movie is as bad as it is in the trailer it will blow the flick into pieces. no matter how good the special effects are. don't get me wrong, i appreciate the work of this people but they should rather have spent the money for good actors instead.

mi-hai (4 years ago) Reply

i agree on the name, nydenion really sounds crappy. but i dont mind the acting which was not that bad. and for me, as someone into sci-fi, the story is the most important, not the acting. 80% story, spend the rest for CGI and acting. besides, go german sci-fi :)

uncleB (4 years ago) Reply

looked ok. I have to agree with Fox on most of his comments. The acting was chessy, even for a low budget film. I doubt this film will ever make it to a video store or a redbox just like 90% of all the other films on this site never do.

Bill (4 years ago) Reply

Brought to you by Uwe Boll

wtf (4 years ago) Reply

@Bill:
nope. my pukometer and my asshole-sensors didn't recognize him around this project.

IguanaM (3 years ago) Reply

The models are not being replaced by CGI. CGI models add up to real world models in the same scenes. Who liked the models will not be disappointed.