Christopher Webster [Celluloid 10.27.10] post apocalyptic movie trailer news scifi

Pin It Share on Google+

This adaptation of James Follett's 70's post-apocalyptic disaster novel, "Ice," comes from the producers of the 13-part network series, Crusoe and the recent 2-part modernization of Day of the Triffids. It stars Vampire Bill, Stephen Moyer, Sam Neil, and that mom from Spielberg's A.I..

Synopsis:
ICE sees the destructive effects of climate change cause unimaginable devastation and panic worldwide as the human race finds itself contemplating the dawn of a new ice age.

It is 2020. Findings by environmental scientist Professor Thom Archer suggest that Halo, the corporate energy company drilling on the Greenland Glacier are causing it to melt.

Archer's warnings are ignored, so he heads to the Arctic to find indisputable evidence. Upon arrival, he realises humankind is under immediate threat, and races home to save hisfamily.

The glacier collapses, with devastating consequences. Astonishing weather patterns emerge and plunge the world's temperatures into steep decline.

ICE confronts a wholly terrifying and plausible natural disaster of epic proportions. This uncompromising production sees a planet on the brink of annihilation, unleashing an apocalypse with an intensity and magnitude audiences will never forget.

Other members of ICE's impressive cast include RICHARD ROXBURGH (Van Helsing, The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman), CLAIRE FORLANI (The Rock, The Diplomat), BEN CROSS (Hannibal, Star Trek), SIMON CALLOW (Rome), PATRICK BERGIN (Patriot Games, Smallville).

Trailer after the break.

donc48 (4 years ago) Reply

Ok, a couple of thoughts one there’s a move done called Ice done in 2000 that one was about sun spots. Two wasn’t this done already this reminds me of a Day After Tomorrow only this guy lives with his wife. Also can Sam Neil not get good roles anymore he’s one of my faves and it hurts seeing him in this playing the “Evil Oil Guy”

wow....absurdly obvious rip off of at least 3 movies.

'What will happen to the world without oil!!"
LOL Classic

francisdarko (4 years ago) Reply

I check who's in it before I seen the trailer and surprised that you forget to add SAM NEILL (In The Mouth Of Madness, Omen III: The Final Conflict) here.

MrSatyre (4 years ago) Reply

Just one more example of how Hollywood has completely lost its collective mind and way. When will we stop being bombarded with this sort of unoriginal and unimaginative dreck???

Michael R. Allen (4 years ago) Reply

I think this looks alright. The book "Ice" came out in 1978, so I don't really think comparisons to the Day After Tomorrow is valid. Two very different time periods. One was made in the oil deprived '70s and the other was made after peak oil, but in an age where gas prices are still reasonable. I would judge this film on its own, rather than comparing.

SteveD (4 years ago) Reply

It's not possible to compare this with filma that tackle a similar hypothesis, before you have even seen the film. I know the Follet novel, and if this treatment of it is as good as the novel, then it should be very good. I liked Day After Tomorrow, but I think there is still some room for coming at the same problem from a different angle. Especially if the science is handled better. AND it's got Sam Neill, so I'll watch it!