Christopher Webster [Celluloid 11.12.10] movie trailer apocalyptic news scifi

Pin It Share on Google+

[Editor's note: Since this morning a much cooler American trailer has premiered. It is now after the break.]

The first international teaser trailer for alien invasion flick, Battle:Los Angeles has been released. Interesting to note, the film's title has been changes to "World Invasion: Battle LA" on IMDB which hints at sequel potential.

Synopsis:
A Marine platoon faces off against an alien invasion in Los Angeles.

Teaser trailer after the break.

Lies (4 years ago) Reply

Seems with a title like that, they kept room in mind for a series of sequels.

Hmm... I really don't like the title at all. It sound B movieish. and this trailer must be very early those effects weren't convincing at all.

donc48 (4 years ago) Reply

Wasn’t “The Battle of Los Angeles” the title for a Rage Against the Machine CD? Any who lets see Skyline happened where? This looks good but I’m a sucker for Alien Invasions, and Creature Features (to prove it I have a VHS tape of the first War of the Worlds made in the 1950’s). So ignore my comments they’re a little biased.

Marina (4 years ago) Reply

I'm definitely looking forward to it and the opening of that trailer was pretty badass but the actual film footage is underwhelming. And what's with the space ships that look like something out of TRANSFORMERS? Seems king of lame.

@ Marina

Isn't it the same FX guys as Skyline? Explains the similar "Transformers-ish" look.

Personally, I think this looks way better than Skyline.. but I guess I'll have to see them both to judge objectively.

Marina (4 years ago) Reply

I knew the effects guys were the same but I didn't get that feel from the SKYLINE trailer. Will know later - looking forward to checking out SKYLINE tonight.

cyclops76 (4 years ago) Reply

I'm loving how this looks. I'm a big fan of army vs aliens (or monsters of any kind) themed movies. If I had to decide between watching Skyline or WI:BLA, I'd choose Battle any day of the week and twice on sunday. Plus, Aaron Eckhart is in it, huge fan over here.

Sunolet (4 years ago) Reply

this looks better than skyline, hopefully they have better actors, this looks like something i'd definitely enjoy

coelacanth1938 (4 years ago) Reply

My grandfather had a part in the 1942 BoLA as a member of an anti-aircraft battery on a movie studio rooftop. When that object came into range, they let that thing have it with everything from machine gun fire to 37mm shells and all that firepower did nothing.
Hopefully this movie will force the military to come clean about what really happened.

Rook (4 years ago) Reply

I've been pessimistic about this film since the first details came out but I've got to say that that trailer has me excited. Lord knows it can't be any more moronic than Independence Day. If anything, it seems more faithful to the War of the Worlds concept. A series of these films, set around the world, could be an awesome concept!

Keeping my fingers crossed.

The New(er) trailer is a billion times better! This movie now looks EPIC!

Jonas (4 years ago) Reply

The trailer was pretty sweet but the actual movie footage just looked okay. But it looks a hell of a lot better than Skyline. Hopefully we'll get a gritty chaotic infantry vs aliens battle movie.

Not too fond of the alien designs though. I hated the transformers design and this looks exactly like that.

Getting tired of having to fake caring about whether NY and/or LA get trashed by aliens or monsters.

In the 2nd trailer they show German 88 flak guns, not American anti-aircraft guns as they are described. Such a basic error doesn't bode well for this film.

rek (4 years ago) Reply

Is it me, or were the aliens humanoid robots flying Battlestar Galactica Cylon heavy raiders? Bit disappointed by that.