Marina Antunes [Celluloid 07.26.11] movie trailer news short scifi horror

Pin It Share on Google+

My gut tells me that the timing on this project may be a little off considering the recent events in Japan but it doesn't detract from the fact that Anomaly looks really promising.

The short film, a graduation project for filmmakers Rik Schutte and Niels Medemblik, follows a group of four students who venture into Chernobyl's "Exclusion Zone" 25 years after the meltdown to investigate the mutations in the area. When they're barred entrance into the "Zone" for undisclosed reasons, they figure there really must be something worth looking at and they sneak in. From the looks of the trailer, they have more to be worried about than finding an eight leaf clover.

Schutte and Medemblik have done a great job of documenting the production, regularly updating their production blog and even posting some animation sequences for their monsters. I'm happy with the teaser which sets the mood for the production nicely without giving away any of the money shots but if you want to see those, check them out here.

Looking forward to seeing the completed short. Kudos to Avery for the find.

It's what I wish I could do after playing STALKER for several hours. Looking forward to the finished piece.

Rook (3 years ago) Reply

Spot-on. This production team has to be Stalker fans because this is just too similar to that classic game.

As an aside, I wish someone would take a crack at making a faithful adaption of Roadside Picnic one day. I guess it hasn't happened because the story doesn't lend itself to Hollywood's obsession with the whole 'teens save the world' sci-fi motif.

I haven't found a copy of Roadside Picnic yet to compare, but I thought Stalker: A Film by Andrei Tarkovsky was based on Roadside Picnic.

Ivan (3 years ago) Reply

Please, don't wish Roadside Picnic adaptation, after what they did with Inhabited Island (what a perversion). I read dozen Strugatsky books and all were from good to great. Highly recommended authors, although I suppose that it is somewhat hard to find them outside the formed socialistic block.

Ivan (3 years ago) Reply

Both STALKER and Tarkovsky's movie are very loosely based on the book.

Kossack Psych (3 years ago) Reply

This is sweet

Alejandro24 (2 years ago) Reply

This remember me the sinopsis of the russian movie Псы -Psy-.