Marina Antunes [Celluloid 08.24.11] movie news short

I stumbled on this (literally, I originally found this on one of my many Tumblr haunts) a few minutes ago and frankly, I'm impressed. Admittedly my gut reaction was "Really? Directed by Dan Trachtenberg?" but seriously, it's worth a look.

If you're wondering who Dan Trachtenberg is, he's an internet famous web dude who co-hosts the hugely popular "The Totally Rad Show." Turns out his directing skills are also kind of rad even if I can't figure out why the woman in Portal: No Escape has access to a gun that creates portals. I'm sure there's probably something in the video game which explains this but I've never played so I'm clueless.

There's not much else to say other than this is an good way to kill six minutes. Check it below.

Its okay. nothing in the game would explain what's going on. The only thing this has in common with the games is the gun.

RalphLockwood (7 years ago) Reply

Kind of surprised at the tepid response Marina gives this. As far as a stand-alone PA flick, this pretty much kicks major butt. As a Portal tie-in, it's mildly interesting. Female lead is attractive, effects are good and pacing is pretty tremendous for a six-minute sprint of a cinematic effort. All-in-all, I say "Good-to-Fantastic!"

Another interesting Portal fan film

judgefargo (7 years ago) Reply

***I can't figure out why the woman in Portal: No Escape has access to a gun that creates portals.***

because it was lazily convenient for them not to bother explaining it. Deus-ex-machina.

Tarliman (7 years ago) Reply

Well made. The reveal at the end was well handled. The portal gun was there the whole time as part of the test. Seems obvious in retrospect that the whole situation was a setup.

(7 years ago) Reply

For a good laugh check out College Humors portal videos.