quietearth [Celluloid 09.07.06] zombies movie

Well the details just came in a couple of days ago and George Romero has his next movie in the works, Diary of the Dead. It's about a group of college students making a movie when zombies attack and the world starts crumbling around them. I must say I am disappointed because this is NOT, I repeat NOT a sequel to the dead series. After Land of the Dead I was hoping for something even more post apocalyptic because we barely got to see the world outside the city, maybe a cross country trip or something. But then again, it's still Romero, and it's still zombies, so hey who knows.. I'll still watch it.

Original article: http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1654

Undead Fred (11 years ago) Reply

Your not the only person that thinks there should be a sequel the report on UHM is that Land Of the Dead 2 is in talks this is a link to the report on UHM http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/land2.php

leann (11 years ago) Reply

I love zombie movies they are so awesome i watch other kinds of movies like comedy and drama but horror has always been my favorite i love remeros movies they are great!

chin cohla (11 years ago) Reply

Remero needs to go back to the dawn of the dead
style of zombies in your face the last movie land of the dead was like a MTV music video

CrazyCracker (11 years ago) Reply

Yeah I agree with chin cohla I didnt care that much for land of the dead, just because it was like Romero was trying to put a face on the zombies. Thats why he should go back to Dawn of the dead style of in your face Zombies

Pete (11 years ago) Reply

To be perfectly honest, even Romero I believe could do so much better when it comes to zombie movies. I to am a great fan, but take the last Land Of The Dead movie for example. The main zombie character, the garage attendant was... well not exactly decomposing much...was he? In reality the dead would probably be in a far worse state of repair than Romero often than not will portray in his main characters. Apart from a few nasty looking but yet again, unbelievable teeth the black guy playing the part could have been one of you or me...

Argh (11 years ago) Reply

Remero is cool, hes been doing this for far to long. Land of the Dead was to Dramatic. I like the run and shoot kind of films like Zack Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead. Remero should just retire.

noah (11 years ago) Reply

i still dont know how the zombies got from running like crazy to three inches per hour

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

the zombies started slow! They were fast in the likes of return of the living dead and the dawn of the dead remake.

Remero fan (11 years ago) Reply

I would like to see a dawn or day style of film. The last film just didn't do it for me as the other poster stated to dramatic and the put to much character on the lead zombie, i suppose they were going for a BUB style zombie like in day but went way to far with him. And to be honest i think Remero wasn't satified with Land, of course he couldn't say that out loud if you wanna make sells but this is the first time ever he has made a zombie film so close together and he definitly wanted it strictly indie. Another thing but not a major issue was using well known actors in Land. I personally always prefered the unknowns to play the role, it just seems to work with remero's style of filming much better. Night Dawn and Day all had a indie feel to them and thats what made his films work. But i think this may the his last Living Dead project for him as he is getting up there in age. I would love to see a young director that had the passion remero did with his work and could embrace and possibly improve on remero's work but not change the formula to much. We who love remero's work so much have had daydreams or nightmares of stories that ran through our heads maybe one of them will be an up an coming director one day and will put us in aww as remero did.

shaun (11 years ago) Reply

romero's movies are suposed to reflect on the time the movie was made, this worked well in the eighties, he hit the nail on the head, i just dont think he understands this generation as well. but i think there is a sense of style on alot of these horrors and some of the camera work is awsome. and if u are a fan of george a. check out dario argento they worked together on some projects and dario funded dawn of, if it wasnt for him it wouldnt have been made.

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

shaun, it also could be having a much smaller budget makes him more creative, you know what they say, the hungrier you are.. just like boxers. Dario Argento is a master of horror, I've seen Suspiria and I would recommend him to anyone. He's working on another film right now, the Third Mother, the last in the trilohgy.

Michael Brooks (11 years ago) Reply

Hey bi am a big fan of zombie movies me and my dad has almost every zombie movie ever made and i wish you would make a whole lot more zombie movies. zombies rock!!!!!!!!!

Lawrence Spencer (11 years ago) Reply

Land of the Dead was utter trash. go to the above "contact" field to read why.
Romero wasn't the first person to do zombie. And LotD killed any faith I had in him.

Mr.McGimbles (11 years ago) Reply

I love zombie movies, i think it would be interesting to see how long you could survive if something like an outbreak were to happen, and the remake of dawn really changed the way i think about it, i want MORE of dawn of the dead, fast ruthless zombies! Zack Snyder had the right idea, but less bonding with the characters would be nice

puke (11 years ago) Reply

bonding between characters is neccesary or else its not as sad for the characters when another one dies and they dont try as hard to rescue them and thus end up dying so yah without bonding the movie aint as good

What the hell is everybody saying?! Nobody has ever done it better than George! He could wipe his a$$ with Zack Snyder! Granted, Land was not the best film and definitely not George's best but to say that the remake of Dawn was better than the original is just insane to me. I understand that this is just my opinion but come on people. The Dawn remake was trying too hard to be like 28 Days Later, which was a fantastic movie. Bottom line: George is #1 in the zombie/horror genre and there is no debating that. If you have any doubt that George is not as good as I say check out his movies Martin & The Crazies.

Capt. Bigglesworth (10 years ago) Reply

Here's my humble opinion:

Great Zombie movies:
1) Night of the Living Dead (original and remake)
2) Return of the Livng Dead
3) 28 Weeks Later (even though they weren't dead zombies)
4) Dawn of the Dead Remake - The BEST ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER!

Movies that suck ass:
1) Dawn of the Dead (original)
2) Day of Dead
3) 28 Days Later (other than the empty London scenes, it sucked)

a crap film is flight of the living dead, it didnt even take off for me ... i felt pitty for the nun tho lool

Capt. Reality Check (10 years ago) Reply

Bigglesworth you need to pull your head from out you ass! movies that suck ass: original DOTD, 28 days later?? wtf. how can 2 awesome movies be on that list. you need to get off your crackpipe and get some decent movie culture into you.

p.s. 28 weeks later can suck my balls.
Thats what happens when americans try to make a sequel to a great movie from the brits.