quietearth [Celluloid 06.12.07] post apocalyptic movie news

Ahhh, one of my favorite stories, The mist by Stephen King. For those that have read this, you will remember the fog that rolls into town, and the great ending. It looks like this movie is currently in production, with Frank Darabont doing the screenplay adapation and the directing. According to wikipedia, the movie will be released on November 21st, 2007.

For those not in the know, here's the rundown from IMDB:
"After a violent storm attacks a town in Maine, an approaching cloud of mist appears the next morning. As the mist quickly envelops the area, a group of people get trapped in a local grocery store -among them, artist David Drayton and his five-year-old son. The people soon discover that within the mist lives numerous species of horrific, unworldly creatures that entered through an inter-dimensional rift, which may or may not have been caused by a nearby military base. As the world around them manifests into a literal hell-on-earth, the horrified citizens try desperately to survive this apocalyptic disaster."

And from upcoming horror movies, theres a couple of "making of" webisodes:

Alejandra (12 years ago) Reply

I just whatch the movie yesturday,Igot freak out because blood is't my thing.I hate blood,but at the same time it was sad.

I thought the movie was absolutely amazing. The effects weren't always the best, and there was a couple loopholes my dad and I found. It's more suspense than horror, if anything. :[

It was good, but a downer movie.

yo (12 years ago) Reply

I just wathced this movie! it was horrible. the worst movie ever.

john (12 years ago) Reply

Personaly i thought the movie was fantastic. The spider monsters could have looked more real though. Also the end made me feel like crap.

My husband is a big fan of the novella but we
missed the movie in the theatre.We just saw
the DVD last night and it was very good up
until the end.The ending was very BAD we would
not watch it again.Very disappointing I should have just rented it.

kellig (11 years ago) Reply

Watched this today. Thought it was really good. I read a review that said the movie was more about hopelessness than monsters, and I think the ending reflects that. I didn't see it coming, and yeah, its a downer, but it was an apropos ending. i'm a little tired of all the feel-good endings out there. this ending seemed more plausible.