quietearth [Celluloid 03.29.08] movie news fantasy

And along with the website which has a high resolution trailer and a whole host of pics, it's getting a (limited) release in the US on May 19th! I'm a huge fan of The Cell, and unlike many others I had no issues with the storyline, so while many people have pointed out serious script problems with this my hopes are still high. But hey, even if it did have some issues, the eye candy is going to be worth every second. The story is set "in a hospital, where a little girl with a broken collar bone meets a bedridden man who starts telling her a fantastical story which reflects his state of mind. As time goes by fiction and reality start to intertwine in this uplifting epic fantasy." Link to website with trailer following.

The Fall official website with trailer
via 24FPS

Marina (11 years ago) Reply

I feel like I've been waiting for this for a year. Looks magnificent.

anonymous (11 years ago) Reply

does anyone know how i can find out if it is being released near me?

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

I'd check your local arthouse theaters first, the limited theatrical release is May 9th in the US, I don't know if it will be going wide.

JokeJoker (11 years ago) Reply

I live in Toronto, WHERE CAN i buy this on DVD or even see it. I am do confused. It's already shown at festivals, WHY ISNT IT OUT?

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

It just had it's limited theatrical release on May 9th and as far as I know there's no scheduled DVD release date yet, but be patient, I'm sure it's coming soon.

saw "the fall" at filmfestDC 08 and cannot stop thinking about it. disturbed and enchanted me to the core. images and performances stay with you long after...tarsem's visual style on some other emotional LeveL at times--go out of your way to see this--love it or hate it, you won't forget it

ajlbx (11 years ago) Reply

I have yet to read a review that gets it, but this film is brilliant. The story is recreated from the 1981 film YO HO HO by Bulgarian director Zako Heskija. Tarsem Singh’s version is lavish but accessible, funny and thoroughly intelligent. Much of it hinges on visual puns on falling and breaking and hard work. It’s about imagination, about the power of images (especially moving images), and about mortality. Costume designs by Eiko Ishioka (The Cell, Mishima). Final credits roll to Beethoven’s 7th Symphony. What’s there not to love?

Miriam Heapes (10 years ago) Reply

I have just finished watching The Fall. Its an amazing film that can be watched again and again for its visual beauty. The chemistry between Alexandria and Roy is excellent and very moving. In every way a brilliant movie hope Tarsem makes many more like it. I loved the Cell also.