quietearth [Celluloid 04.27.08] post apocalyptic movie news scifi horror

It seems like we've been waiting on this for millenia, as it apparently went into production and then disappeared. Well the fine folks over at 24framesperseconds dug up a new Russian poster and a release date for those lucky russkies of August 7th. I was also able to dig up some stills that are somewhat reminiscent of Sin City and man does this look incredible! Could this be THE scifi movie of the decade? I hope we don't have long to wait and see. Here's a synopsis: "Set in the distant future when the Earth is no longer inhabitable and the Megacorporations have banded together to control the remaining planets and their moons. When an alien force of undead Necromutants known as the Dark Legion prepares to attack the inhabited Mars, the Megacorporations assemble a band of warriors to destroy the warlord Alakhai. Together they return to Earth, infiltrate Alakhai's gothic Citadel, and attempt to reduce it to rubble." High-res poster and stills following!

News via 24FPS

christopher (11 years ago) Reply

wow, in those pics thomas jane looks like christopher lambert.

bad dog (11 years ago) Reply

Super cool and it's got some great acting talent. Why no US distribution?

So is that one guy the guy who played Highlander or the guy who played Marc Antony in the HBO series Rome?

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

Dude, Christopher Lambert is like the KING of B science fiction, and yes he was in Highlander(s) which of course rock.

I can't find news of US distro but I'm betting someone has already picked it up and is sitting on it. I will email the sales agent on monday to see if they will divulge who the US distributor is.

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

I've also found that this was picked up for distro in Poland, here's the title:

Kroniki mutantów

You can watch the first 7 minutes of the movie on Youtube, dubbed

Now that I've finally seen Doomsday, Mutant Chronicles takes top spot on my wish list.

Sorry Anon but actually that's not footage from the movie. It's a teaser trailer they made a long time ago in order to sell the potential look and feel of the picture to studios.

And I think what bad dog was asking was if Rome's James Purefoy was in the stills. But it's not him, it's Thomas Jane from The Punisher and The Mist. My favorite still is #8 for sure. Jane looks ready to kick some serious mutant butt.

Oh I see ^^
Sorry for the mistake, and thanx for the info

JayLeno (10 years ago) Reply

All I want to see in the movie is sean pertwee kick some ass. But I think I read somewhere he dies at the start. shit.

Justin (10 years ago) Reply

After Devon Aoki's role as 'Deadly Little Miho' in Sin City, I'm sure she'll be quite at home kicking a little mutant butt.

Justin