quietearth [Celluloid 07.03.08] post apocalyptic movie news

It'll only be available for the rest of the July 4th weekend folks, so get it while it's hot. The Last Man is an adaptation of Mary Shelley's very long story of the same name, and revolves around some Russian black marketeers loosing a weaponized strain of smallpox which wipes out most of civilization, and turns the remaining few into monsters. That is, except for THE LAST MAN.. link to full film after the break.

The Last Man here

Not Scott Bakulaula (11 years ago) Reply

Thanks for the link! I will enjoy it.

Harry (11 years ago) Reply

I just watched the movie again. Awesome story. I read the blog and it says the movie cost $7500. I didn't believe it until I saw the pictures and its basically one guy with a camcorder making the movie. Crazy.

Michael (11 years ago) Reply

Impressive but the beyond bad acting undercuts the ambitious filmmaking.

michaelk (11 years ago) Reply

Look man, I don't care if it is the end of the world. You put some pants on.

Chris (11 years ago) Reply

Worst acting on film ever. The rest is good.

Anthony (11 years ago) Reply

It is hard to belive this was completed on a budget of $7500. This movie looks and sounds as good as films done for 100 times that amount. This filmmaker knows how to create large profit margins. Big studios should take notice.

Peggy Evans (11 years ago) Reply

Thanks James Arnett for the chance to see our film this weekend! My computer didn't handle it as good as I would have liked for the whole movie, but what I saw was very impressive . I can't believe it was done on such a small budget. Of course the music was absolutely great! Robert Wolf did a wonderful job with his musical talent in this movie! Great job James Arnett!

Can't wait for DVD sales of this gem. This is a must have for a post apocalyptic collection, if that's what you're into! Saw the movie online and read through a very detailed blog. What a treat. Then I was truly blown away that this was made with little money and local talent. Wish more "non-Hollywood", independent film makers put this much heart into their pictures.

Someone should school you guys on the difference between the words 'lose' and 'loose'.

Harry (11 years ago) Reply

You're mistaken. Quietearth got it right. "Loosing" as in releasing, e.g., "Cry havoc and let LOOSE the dogs of war" - Shakespeare

Harry (11 years ago) Reply

I just checked - the sneak-peek of The Last Man is gone but I watched their $1,200 "Just Another Box" there. It's a half hour long. I also saw their $350 "Tell Tale Heart" film they say won at Worldfest on the same website. Thanks for putting up these cool free movie links.

John K. (11 years ago) Reply

I saw this movie, and yea the main character acting was bad. The effects were as par for such a low budget, however the music I enjoyed, at least they got a good composer, that helped the film alot. I'd like to see a reshoot with a bigger budget.

S Distel (8 years ago) Reply

I was in this film and I recommend this film.