quietearth [Celluloid 09.29.08] zombies movie news

Before we go any further, no, this is not a ripoff of Diary of the Dead, in fact it's an all around better film (at least in my opinion). It seems to elicit either love ore hatred, and while some don't like it, plenty of us do. Case in point, we were small back when this dropped but were lucky enough to get a copy even before it premiered and here is my review. "Set in England during a world-wide viral infection, this documentary-style frightfest records the rise of the undead from the videocams of several survivor groups. As each struggles against the flesh-eating hordes, an even more horrifying fate lurks among them." You can pre-order here from Amazon and the trailer is after the break. Btw, once again this is a case where the dvd cover has NOTHING to do with the film, ugh.

rek (10 years ago) Reply

ZD is far better than Diary of the Dead, and for the opposite reasons of what made DotD so terrible. I only wish it showed us a bit more of the world of the survivors.

Ash (10 years ago) Reply

I am very much a hater of this movie. The concept was fantastic and it could have been one of the zombie greats, but fell so short in its delivery. Have not seen Diary of the Dead yet…

zenseeker (10 years ago) Reply

It is also worth noting that this film was completed BEFORE Romero even announced his sh*tty movie was even on the horizon.

i seen this like last year on dvd

is this like the offical version or sumthin

This is fantastic news. I have been following this flick (Shot in my home town of Letchworth) for nearly 2.5 years now. To think it was given the elbow by large festivals like Fantastic Fest and Toronto because of Diary of the Dead is sickening (I respect Romero but his film was probably the worst movie I have ever seen, seriously), and I'm glad its finally got a release it deserves!

Xcorr (10 years ago) Reply

This is great news. I'm a big fan of this film after seeing it in the UK. I hope this Brit movie does well in the States. As others have pointed out, it's light years ahead of Diary of the Dead in every way except budget.

greyandblack (10 years ago) Reply

This looks terrible. To quote the trailer: "What's going on?" I see no resemblance of a plot, just a bunch of fake soldiers running around and some guy that sort of looks like Kevin Smith crying.

Diary of the Dead was a classy film, no need to bash it. Romero could sneeze better than what this looks like. I'd maybe give it a shot if it weren't for the blatant spamming I've seen done by the filmmakers.