Christopher Webster [Celluloid 01.12.09] movie trailer news horror thriller

Epic pictures has released the first trailer for Deadline, a new thriller that they're touting as being in the vein of The Shinning and Repulsion. Certainly big shoes to fill for VXF tech turned director Sean Mcconville who's helming the project.

Alice, a writer recovering from a psychological breakdown, retreats to a remote Victorian house to convalesce and focus on finishing her screenplay in time for a fast approaching deadline. Shortly after her arrival, mysterious noises and strange happenings cause her imagination to run wild, sending her on a twisting and terrifying pursuit to find out what is behind the endless mind games. Frightened but intrigued, Alice gathers the courage to go down into the cold, dingy attic where she finds a shoe box filled with mini-dv tapes. The terrifying secret that lies within the tapes will unravel Alice's dark past.

The trailer features some effective photography and make up FX but somehow lacks the ability to engage. Maybe it's because I fee like I've seen this all before. Since seeing The Hole however, I've come to enjoy Thora Birch enough to still be interested.

Effie (8 years ago) Reply

I have always liked Thora Birch. I hope the movie is a good one.

Yoronto (8 years ago) Reply

Thora's career is in freefall. What happened?

UMORONICSHEEP (8 years ago) Reply

... GET OVER *IT*. Britt's acting "career" is as 'DEAD' as *this CRAPPY/PATHETIC/POINTLESS/straight-to-DVD 'DEAD'line flick is*.

if this starred anyone but brittany murphy I'd actually be moderately interested

I don't think Thora's career is going down, I think she has chosen this path, of course, I could be wrong... but she is staying below the radar a bit, but I'm sure she makes decent money for these direct to video releases... I would like to see her in more widely released films, and more quality films.. not sure why her last 3-4 films have been horror based... they have been not good... but she is stunning (to me) so I watch them...

Jaimie Lawhorne (7 years ago) Reply

R.I.P. Sweet Brittany..see you on the other side

Galilee (7 years ago) Reply

Personally, I enjoy movies by both Brittany Murphy and Thora Birch. Of course I'm a huge fan of Thora Birch and enjoy every movie she's been in, even the most recent horror flicks have been good. They've been far from the b-movie quality making the film above average, right up there with wide releases in my opinion. And her acting career isn't going down, but rather she's maintaining. She's aspiring to be a director so she's going anywhere but down.