quietearth [Celluloid 04.09.09] movie trailer news scifi

This film has garnered some top notch reviews, but folks I've gotta tell you I've seen it, and while it has fantastic production design the storyline is just plain mediocre. I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend it, just don't hold your breath until it finally drops. Sam Rockwell is fantastic, and so is GERTY the robot (voiced by Kevin Spacey) but it just seems backwards. Anyways, enjoy.

Astronaut Sam Bell has a quintessentially personal encounter toward the end of his three-year stint on the Moon, where he, working alongside his computer, GERTY, sends back to Earth parcels of a resource that has helped diminish our planet's power problems.

Trailer after the break. via FirstShowing

Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there qe. When I went into MOON I was prepared for a fantastic visual experience and nothing much else but ended up getting swept up in the emotion of the story.

The story is simple to be sure - this ain't no 2001 - but it's effective I think. A great debut by Jones.

The Small Town Critic (10 years ago) Reply

I've only seen the clips of this one but I'm going to see it asap. Lots of us have soft spots for intimate sci-fi and this looks like the most interesting one since "The Quiet Earth." The movie, not the site.

Kurt (10 years ago) Reply

I'm very much stoked about this one. I just like Rockwell do his thing, and a Sci Fi setting (remembering the fabulous Galaxy Quest) is just the ticket.

Bob Doto (10 years ago) Reply

I don't know dude. This film at least *looks* like it's gonna be awesome. Really looking forward to seeing it. Then we'll know whose opinion is fact and whose is, you know, opinion.

wolfeyes (10 years ago) Reply

Sam Rockwell may well have turned in a "tour de force performance", but to me his finest role will always be Pizza Guy in the Stella short "Bored".

I don't get that new poster at all. That image of Rockwell was more striking when it was just on stark white. Sloppy. Worst thing I've seen from the production yet.

Bob Doto (10 years ago) Reply

I like the poster a lot. Just thought I'd use this Easter morning to express that. Consider it expressed.

Bunny.