quietearth [Celluloid 04.28.09] movie trailer news comedy romance

Knowing my penchance for weird indy love stories comes the full trailer for Adam which premiered at Sundance and which we posted a few clips for a while ago. Written and directed by Max Meyers and starring Rose Byrne and Hugh Dancy, the story revolves around Adam who has Asperger's syndrome and their love. Man, it looks real good and it's going to get a limited release on July 29th.

This film is a love story about a man named ADAM (Hugh Dancy) who has Asperger’s Syndrome, a high functioning form of autism. ADAM finds it difficult to be with others and often escapes into his love of space exploration. When BETH (Rose Byrne) moves into the apartment above him, he uses his unique, often funny, and sometimes painful social skills to begin to build the personal relationship that he so desperately desires. Adam is a romantic character piece about the obstacles to intimacy and the compromises we all make for love.

Trailer after the break. via First Showing

kevin (10 years ago) Reply

Looks awesome, but firstshowing's embed code is jacked up beyond belief. It's 20px too tall and has to be changed in 4 places to get rid of that pixelation

maybe this site should be called "quiet romantic comedy nothing to do with PA genre earth"

Hey, it talks about a stars and space junkie ;-) seems really good. Love this kind of weird character.

Cas (10 years ago) Reply

can someone please explain what "Indy" means in Indy RomCom?

It means "independent" sometimes spelled "indie" or "indy"

@ guy who keeps ragging on us for not being 100% PA:

We made the decision a long time ago to branch out and cover a wide variety of films and genres. Why? because we're not just bunker dwelling weirdos who obsess about the end of the world. We're film fans. BIG ONES. Basically, whatever interests us is fair game and we work hard to bring you obscure and interesting film news ever single day.

We want our readers to know that if they come to Quiet Earth they will either see or read something totally original, something they didn't see on any other site.

Honestly dude; we haven't turned our back on PA. We're still your number one source for PA film news on the net so be cool ah'ight?

Peace.

AO

I don't expect you guys to be 100% PA, but Romantic Comedies? I like films from all genres but I come here for sci-fi, horror, thriller, etc.. Anyone can find out what new RomCom movies are coming out just about anywhere else. Just voicing my opinion as a fan of your site....I don't expect you guys to change.

Hot Fuzz (10 years ago) Reply

I think it's a stretch to say that Quiet Earth ever covers "romantic comedies." They're more like independent dramas about outsiders which I think is fitting. Anyway, I don't notice it getting in the way of any of the content so I don't really care. Just thought I'd chime in.

I like the trailer thank you for posting it