Christopher Webster [DVD News 06.30.09] post apocalyptic movie news dvd

Ah, I like reading good news first thing in the morning, and this is some damn good news. Our pals at DC are reporting that Richard Stanley's 1990 cult post-apocalyptic film, Hardware, which has been lacking a decent dvd release for years now, will be seeing new life thanks to the good people at Severin Film. Come October 10, the film will be released on double disc SE dvd complete with widescreen presentation, commentary and even an early short film of Stanley's called Sea of Perdition.

From Severin:
It was the movie that stunned audiences, shocked the MPAA and marked the debut of one of the most uncompromising filmmakers in modern horror. Golden Globe® winner Dylan McDermott (The Practice, Dark Blue) stars as a post-apocalyptic scavenger who brings home a battered cyborg skull for his metal-sculptor girlfriend. But this steel scrap contains the brain of the M.A.R.K. 13, the military's most ferocious bio-mechanical combat droid. It is cunning, cruel, and knows how to reassemble itself. Tonight, it is reborn…and no flesh shall be spared.

Awesome news.

badfrog (9 years ago) Reply

I saw this movie in the theater, loved it!

the movie is a total mind f#ck but it was great! the vision of the world was well done, Iggy Pop as the DJ was great!

I will be adding this to my collection

Pat (9 years ago) Reply

a film that can not be missing in your cyber punk collection.

Anborn (9 years ago) Reply

If I recall, this was originally adapted from a comic book, but I may be wrong. I too saw this in the theaters and was blown away! What a powerful gem of cinematic effrot! Really dark and enjoyable.

badfrog (9 years ago) Reply

I should say I had this in my collection on VHS, but will be updating this to my very first blu-ray purchase

DaChief (9 years ago) Reply

This Is What You Want... This Is What You Get... This Is What You Want... This Is What You Get...

S (9 years ago) Reply

wonderful news!
absolutely loved this film
but i wish they would be more specific about the versions
is this 'uncut' different from the uk dvd release? (as theaterical us versions are sometimes cut differently, for rating)

projectcyclops (9 years ago) Reply

Good old Richard Stanley, great filmmaker. They screwed him over during Island of Dr. Moreau, even Frankenheimer couldn't save that one in the end. Guess I replace my VHS of this now.

Cletus (9 years ago) Reply

OK, I'll be burned at the stake for saying this, but I'd really like to see this remade on a big budget (but not a la michael bay)!