quietearth [Celluloid 08.18.09] movie apocalyptic news scifi romance gallery

First news on this incredible looking film, which included a promo reel, was posted last May and we've been eagerly following it since. While there's been plenty of behind the scenes footage and stills, we still don't have much else except a new poster which dropped today. Archangel Alpha is a sci-fi war story of love and loss in a world teetering on the brink of Armageddon, and we're greatly looking forward to this Utah based production which is due in Summer 2010.

Three friends (Elena, Alexandra and Grigori) have their relationship pushed to the breaking point when they find themselves on opposite sides of a devastating war. In the midst of the final deciding battle, Grigori is killed by Alex. Elena and Alex are both shot down. They confront each other just as The Beast, a merciless AI weapon, is released onto the battlefield. The Beast goes rogue and turns against both sides, annihilating both armies and initiating a nuclear launch between the warring nations. In the aftermath, Elena and Alex must escape the killing grounds while coming to terms with their actions.

Embiggened version after the break along with an older concept poster.

Avery (10 years ago) Reply

Ha! I was just about to give you guys the heads up on this! Either way; I can't wait to see more on this awesome looking film!!

I heard this show blew it's meager budget, shot a bunch of nothing, and was scrapped. Apparently the Writer/Director bailed to Cali, but is still promoting a show that isn't being made.
But that's just what the Executive Producer told me.

No matter, the visual effects work was no better than student level. They got that corny nuclear explosion here. www.finallight.com
Leave apocalyptic giant robo movies to the studios that can afford to do them right(except Michael Bay...no more for him eihter)

I'd say their relationship get pushed well past the "breaking point" if one of them kills the other.
Umm, does the "Beast" waste everyone, or does the entire nuke stockpile of the world being launched waste everyone?
I mean except for these 2 who are coming to terms.
Sounds stupid.

Aaron D. Martin (10 years ago) Reply

Hello I'm Aaron Martin, the director of Archangel Alpha. I just wanted to thank Quiet Earth for keeping up with our movie.

It's hard to make a low budget sci-fi film. We (read I) have made mistakes. I know where these comments are coming from. And it's all the same person. I understand the motivations behind the remarks. But these remarks are hurting people other than me. More people than "Anonymous" realizes.

The spec trailer is old. We've come a long way since then. It's not a good example of what the final product will be. And there will be a final product. We've all gone through too much for me to not finish this film.

I love this film and EVERYONE who has worked on it, past and present. All I can do is get it finished and then let everyone give their final judgment.

Thanks to those who are keeping the faith.

-- Aaron D. Martin

Avery (10 years ago) Reply

Hey Aaron! I'm so there when this one hits! Some of us are very excited about this film and are rooting for you guys.

Kent (10 years ago) Reply

Dont let sour grpes bring you down Aaron. Moral courage will win every time.

Gerwalk78 (10 years ago) Reply

Ha, Embiggened. What a perfectly Cromulent word.

Sounds like it could be interesting. When do you expect they will have it in the can?
Is it still shooting? Is it on hold? What does the director mean by "Keeping the faith?" Does it need faith to finish?
I'm confused. Whatever is going on, get on with it and let us know when we can watch it.

I found the "spec trailer." I understand that it's old, but can anyone explain why there are 12 seconds of dead air in the middle and not even a picture of a robot.
Just sayin...whatever. You ought to leave Sci-Fi to the pros!
You guys should check out an Indie movie that actually looks good. "Iron Sky"
The premise, you ask? Nazis on the moon! Nuf said! Your honor, the defense rests!

Aaron D. Martin (10 years ago) Reply

I've been mulling over taking down the spec trailer for a while. It's not representative of the film we've been making since it was done. So I'm removing it. There will be a new trailer soon.

The Iron Sky trailer is impressive. I saw it when it first came out and I still watch it now and again as inspiration. I'm sure that it's going to be a great film. I excited to see it.