Christopher Webster [Celluloid 10.19.09] movie trailer news horror

Why are we interested in The Invited? Well, not only does Ryan McKinney's supernatural thriller mark the triumphant return of the evil ouija board - a device I thought long since deserted by the horror genre - it also has one of the strangest cast line-ups we've seen in a while. Lou Diamond Phillips, Pam Grier and Megan Ward (who I last saw in that MTV cockroach musical thing, Joe's Apartment).

The trailer starts off kind of slowly, but amps up the tension quickly by showcasing some great sepia-toned shots of the 20s, blood soaked possessions and even quick glimpses of a monster. The last shot in particular, which is reminiscent of Poltergeist, is especially creepy.

Synopsis:
A young married couple who are pregnant with their first child moves into their turn-of-the-century home where they discover that a great evil has resided there for nearly a century, unleashed by a previous occupant.

All in all The Invited definitely looks promising. Though I imagine it's destined for a straight to DVD release through Lionsgate or something. Either way, fans of the haunted house genre have something to look forward to here.

Laura (9 years ago) Reply

ooo very excited about this!!!!! love megan ward!!!!!

kate (9 years ago) Reply

I'm excited for this film and for Megan Ward, she is agreat actor.

kimmie (9 years ago) Reply

Love Megan Ward!.. This movie looks awesome!!

Nader (9 years ago) Reply

A must watch superb movie. Ryan Mckinney's magic touch and finest directorial masterpiece.

Courtney (9 years ago) Reply

I can't believe Jacoby Shaddix is going to be in this. XD

Sterlin Running Stream Phillips (9 years ago) Reply

I actually got chills watching this. i hate Scary Movies. Dammit! Now I have to watch it!

roachgirl78 (9 years ago) Reply

When is it going to be releases thou.
I hear is how great it is suppose to be.
I see one or two sites showing the tralior.
But, that is it. All , I hear is talk.
No one knows if it will be released on dvd or in theaters. Or when it be released. If it ever gets released. The movie was shot in what 2005 & all been hearing is it's going to comeout and it be good.

OMG. Just saw the film last night.
Oh Emm Jee, and I don't mean that in a good way.
Don't mean to be a hater, but this is horrifically embarrassing to the Sacramento filmmaking community. So bad a flick that it might actually have a life as a drinking game cult flick for the number of times a cliche and/or bit of bad acting rears its head. You should be fully drunk within the first ten minutes. Applause to the director for having silly fun with a first time feature though, and for having fun with 8 million of their dollars to finance it.

Jami (9 years ago) Reply

Where Can I Get The DVD??? I Have Not Seen Any Trailers On TV or Even Heard About it Until Today, Plz Help I Really Want To See It. Please, And Thank You.