Christopher Webster [Celluloid 11.11.09] movie trailer news fantasy

The trailer for Clash of the Titans just dopped and now that I've reveled in some epic fantasy awesomeness from French director Louis Leterrier about five times I think it's time to bring some opinion into this piece.

First, thank god this looks better than The Incredible Hulk. Second, my god this makes Prince of Persia look like a silly kids flick. Is this first look at Clash of the Titan's a perfect win though? Not really. Fantasy should always have that sweeping, corn-gold classic score. Old fashioned? No way. It's up to the images to be modern, not the music. Riff-rock's just not my thing. Giant scorpions however? Total win. Brings back visions of stop-motion creature features which I love.

Synopsis:
A remake of the 1981 film version of the myth of Perseus and his quest to battle both Medusa and the Kraken monster in order to save the Princess Andromeda.

Watch the first trailer (via: Cinematical) for Clash of the Titans starring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton and Jason Flemyng after the break.

PopBunker.net (8 years ago) Reply

Nothing like a rock and roll sound track to get one in the mood for a sword and sandal fantasy movie. :rolleyes: Mute the trailer and play Lisa Gerrard.

"Titans Will Clash" is the tagline? The marketing team wasn't even trying with that were they?

Chronos (8 years ago) Reply

I'm been looking forward to this. The teaser posters released recently were awesome. But this trailer sucks. Very weak. Quick cuts of indiscernible action and crap CGI scorpions, with the tag "TITANS - WILL - CLASH"? Really, now? That's the best you could come up with to sell this? Fail.

MEGAT0N (8 years ago) Reply

I wonder if they'll pay homage to the original by throwing in a little side boob. This generation's 11 year olds need a thrill once in a while too.

I like the giant scorpions! They remind me of bad 70s creature features and that post-nuke flick Damnation Alley.

However, music fail. Tag fail and why does it look like it was all filmed in a quarry?

soma (8 years ago) Reply

ooowwww. This is one remake I'm looking forward too. I didn't even know they were doing this. Nice

Pat (8 years ago) Reply

yea but how about 0:42 ???? that guy looks SOO much like the monster out of pans labyrinth...i mean i hope guillermo del toro was involved in this otherwise thats ANOTHER major fail;rip off. the music sucks yea. the cgi sucks even more. so far its like a mediocre version of hercules.

Krey (8 years ago) Reply

I feel like this is going to get the typical action treatment where they dump all semblance of plot and just have a bunch of poorly choreographed fight scenes filmed through a shaky cam so you can't tell how bad the FX are.

Rook (8 years ago) Reply

I usually hate remakes, but I like the look of this. Legendary does some nice epic storytelling work. I even like the rock music trailer. Hopeful on this....

jorden (7 years ago) Reply

JAMES CAMERON... sucks, his (hairstyle) suck all the way in this movie!
The dude, the hero James sucks (in my opinbion)... have you seen the old Clash of the Titans. That dude had huge long hair that made the movie awesome. That is how Zeu's son alway look like, in books, and old movie (the hair is the main description that Zeu's sons are popular for) ... James has a jarhead hair style which is not attractive at all...! I don't know why in new movies all the main male characters have (marine, jarhead) hair style... What is up with that!!!