Christopher Webster [Celluloid 11.15.09] movie news fantasy

We've been sitting on this for a while now, but since the cat is ever so slowly climbing out of the bag on Pearry Reginald Teo's top secret Witchville projct, we feel inclined to start sharing some of what little info is out there right now.

First off, Witchville is indeed the fantasy project that Teo was filming in China back in August. We've tracked down a detailed synopsis for you, as well as two pretty random images that were snapped of Luke Goss on a monitor and Sarah Douglas on set in full eagle headdress. Having grown up watching Douglas in V, Conan the Destroyer and Superman, I think it's pretty apropos casting on Teo's part.

Synopsis:
When PRINCE MALACHY returns to his father's kingdom after the Crusades his first impression is that a bad harvest is the reason that the villagers are sick and hungry. But his arrival home is heralded by news of the king's death and Malachy swears to take charge and help his people. But all is not as it seems and a stranger to the village warns the new king that a dark force is the cause of their ills and only Malachy has to key to rid the kingdom of it forever.

The rumor is that Witchville is heading to SyFy, but we'll try to get confirmation on that. If we know Pearry (and we do) then Witchvill will probably bring something unique and bold to the fantasy genre. I mean c'mon. This is the guy that just back-to-back gave us two of the most outrageous visions in Gene Generation and Necromentia.

They're not much to go on, but check out the images after the break.

Lycanthrope (12 years ago) Reply

I wonder if SyFy will ever be associated with good original films?

I like the eagle headdress, however.

Marina (12 years ago) Reply

I too dig the headdress - that's pretty awesome.

Micante (12 years ago) Reply

Doubt it. Scifi channel will screw it up. They have no taste. Perry's visuals look good as usual though, he needs to be in better hands.

Ronniedruid (12 years ago) Reply

Well, all I can say is that if Luke Goss is in it, I'm definitely going to be watching it, regardless of who screens/airs it! He's an awesome actor!

Luke Goss an awesome actor!!!!!!! For the love of ******!! Maybe when you're ready you should take time to visit planet earth!! I think most sane people can pretty much guess how dire and 'cheesy' this load of trash will be. What a waste of money!!!

Amanda (12 years ago) Reply

I agree!! Luke Goss is not an actor!! He's a fake! What I'd like to know is when is this guy gonna get found out? Wake up and get some smelling salts people - this guy is just a poseur!! In fact if he gets anymore orange and his teeth get anymore whiter, someone should employ him as a warning beacon - maybe for low flying aircraft!! - a far better use for his extremely limited talents.

You know, I find it amazing how people who have absolutely no idea what a film is like, particularly one made by a director whose work they enjoy, go out of their way to diss it. Can you not fathom the possibility that, through sheer force of will, Pearry and his team have actually made a good film? Perhaps you can hold on to those hateful statements until you see the film and base your opinions, all valid, of course, on actuality.

The script was written by the guy who wrote Manitcore for Sci Fi( awesome tv flick and Pumpkinhead Ashes to Ashes for scifi) I think his name is John Werner. It is going to scyfy

MMMMM, Luke Goss...and a huge lump of Gorgonzola. Can you smell the cheese? Let's hope he's got decent back up, otherwise we can file this movie under 'more vacuous crap' in the movie archives.

Tara101 (12 years ago) Reply

Actually Luke is one hell of an actor sound like someone has their nose bent because this is the first time I have seen any negative comments about Mr Goss. But I can tell you they will end now and we will get back to discussing this movie and not hacking a actor whose past work proves he is the best out their. I actually loved the story line and the info i have received so far this movie will be very entertaining. I cannot wait to see it; Rock on Luke!!!

JaneT (12 years ago) Reply

Oh Tara.....there is a concept that I think you should start waking up to - it's called the truth - and no...BELIEVE ME they will NOT end now.
Tara, I implore you to get some help before it's too late! Either that, or get a life!

lovelace (11 years ago) Reply

Luke Goss is a talented man ,stop hating on him because he has proven he has what it take to make it in the movie arena , hollywood was blessed when Luke's talent hit the big screen .
he has won awards for his acting skills , so what the hell is this really all about I think it's just player hating like they say don't hate the player hate the game

expose crap actors ltd (11 years ago) Reply

NO HE REALLY ISN'T! And I think it's clear from your grammar that you must only be about twelve years old - that figures.

Evil Twin (11 years ago) Reply

OH I see the UK haters are here! I should have known by the orange tan and white teeth comment; the person on here trashing Luke Goss is a over weight, yellow teethed pasty skin Bros fans. Poor things did the evil cheating twin not make a hit in music world? So take it out on the successful twin instead; sound like you are 12 instead of lovelace. Luke is a great actor; with a large fan base. I cannot wait for this movie.

Jesus..what a twat! Check your grammar too you fucking idiot!

Harriet (11 years ago) Reply

I'm with you. Not only is "Evil Twin" a twat and his/her grammar absolutely appalling, but his/her statement does not make any sense whatsoever! It is quite clear, from all of the "pro-Goss" comments above, the core of his so called 'fan base' is just a bunch of uneducated kids. No surprise I suppose.

Robyn 666 (11 years ago) Reply

Wow...what is with all this negativity!! How anyone can watch Hellboy 2 or Blade 2 and say that Luke Goss cannot act is beyind me!! Both of those movies were absolutely FREAKING AMAZING!! Personally I am really looking forward to Witchville. Pearry Teo has a very unique style and the cast is all superb. Maybe you wont be watching but I sure will be...along with many MANY others!!! May 22, 2010 at 9pm...I know exactly where I will be!!!

Robyn 666 (11 years ago) Reply

You can check it out for yourself...syfy just released the first trailer!! http://video.syfy.com//movies_events/syfy_saturday/sneak_peek/witchville--sneak-peek/v1224058