Christopher Webster [Celluloid 12.11.09] France movie trailer news scifi thriller 3d

Back in June we reported on a new 3D holodeck thriller that was in development called Station 21. At the time we knew that French director, Olivier Parthonnaud, had already made a short sales promo for the project and that it was shown at Cannes. Well, here it is gang.

Showcasing the basic story of a rampaging hologram and technology run amok, the promo is decent, but also showcases the 3D effect Parthonnaud is aiming for. It's really the 3D that makes this special so hopefully some of you have red-cyan 3D glasses.

Synopsis:
Christmas, lunar Station 21: some scientists accidentally create twenty psycho-killer interactive holograms who take over the station. Some survivors fight back...

You can check out the sales promo after the break.

Just as an aside, the striking narration is done by actor Paul Bandey who has been in some genre stuff like Immortal (Ad Vitam) and Hitman

Sorry, but this is just stupid.

wolfeyes (10 years ago) Reply

That's it, I'm going to LensCrafters. I want 3D glasses for Xmas. Watching this feels like staring at those magic eye posters from the 90's, and just not getting anything. People around you saying, "ooh, look at that!" as you wonder if they're faking. "What? All I see are squiggly lines! And a constipated looking santa trying to be angelina jolie." "--No no no, it's 3D! can't you see the dolphins playing poker?"

lurgus (10 years ago) Reply

there is a big gap between suspension of disbelief and the depths of idiocy this trailer is asking us to accept. Crappy 3D bullets doing stuff bullets wouldn't do to try get around the fact that 3D is still really a 1950s gimmick that you are watching on a 2D screen aint enough i'm afraid.

David (10 years ago) Reply

Thats looks great!

3Dfan (10 years ago) Reply

Well done! This is very good for a 3D short!

creepingclock3D (10 years ago) Reply

The future of film presented on a well-done, small budget teaser. This short is awesome and the concept is legit. Are they working on a feature yet????

Old Weird Ken (10 years ago) Reply

Good thing I kept my "Spy Kids 3D" glasses.

so you have all been fooled by the marketing and seem to really believe that 3d is the future of film. idiots, the apocalypse cannot happen soon enough. This looks awful.

3Dfan (10 years ago) Reply

What are you doing here if you don't like 3D? 3D can really add something to a movie. I can't wait to watch Avatar! And i hope there will be much more movies in 3D after Cameron's film!

rek (10 years ago) Reply

That was awful, I stopped it half way in.

Also: the slowest bullets in the world. I'm pretty sure a little girl could outrun one.

Good. I like the way it is filmed. Good sci-fi short.

Jake Sully (10 years ago) Reply

Nice!

lurgus (10 years ago) Reply

@3Dfan the anonymous you are disagreeing with is is my mate that posted his comment when he came around to visit and i had to show him the crapulousness of this trailer. I tend to agree with his opinion of 3D but not his insistence that anyone who thinks it is the future of cinema is an idiot. I do think that particular opinion a very misguided one though, and also one that 'the industry' are very keen to have us accept as they can charge us more for it. Also, if you can show me any rules that state you must be a fan of 3D to enjoy apocalyptic/SF/horror/genre cinema then i will gladly burn all my vhs and dvd's an never have an opinion again. I'll pass on your comment to my friend as he don't have one of them new fangled computer things.

3Dfan (10 years ago) Reply

Lurgus,
Who said you have to be a fan of 3D to enjoy apocalyptic/SF/horror/genre cinema? I can understand you don't like 3D but i think for some kind of movies (SF movies) 3D can really makes the movie better. And I personally think that this little short film is very nice for a small budget short. That's my opinion. :)

Lurgus (10 years ago) Reply

Errm...
Copied and pasted from your own post, do you work for the Ministry Of Truth?

Jake Sully (10 years ago) Reply

lurgus you are not in kansas anymore. you are on pandora!

Lurgus (10 years ago) Reply

Help, i'm trapped in a world where it is no longer possible to see through the glitter to the sham that lies underneath. Doomed to MoCap hell for ever more. I'm sorry Dorothy, Toto has been eaten by a CG plant and the rainbow has more colours in it because Cameron is now the man behind the curtain. DOOOOMED. I'm bored of this now.

patrick bateman (10 years ago) Reply

This short is great! I hope to hear from this movie soon!!!!!!!!

Neo (10 years ago) Reply

I love it!!! Good thing I had a pair of 3D glasses!