Christopher Webster [Celluloid 12.30.09] post apocalyptic movie trailer news

Most of us 'round these parts have had the chance to check out Downstream (check out projectcyclops' review) and can all agree that, while it ain't perfect, it's a tasty morsel of PA madness that's well handled by a group of talented up-and-comers.

A new poster and new theatrical trailer (I'm still looking to see where it's actually playing) have dropped over at Famous Monsters, so to further support the film we wanted to share them with you.

Synopsis:
Wes Keller is a young man living in a world where oil has collapsed, the food supply has been wiped out, and cancer rates for women have skyrocketed, depleting the female population. In a barbaric environment where bio fuel, batteries, bullets and people are currency and marauders roam free, Wes tries to escape to a mythical world run on cold fusion "Plutopia", a place that may only exist in the mind. THE BILL IS DUE. 'Downstream' is a view of the not so distant future. We follow a young man (everyone's son) as he pays the price for society's decadence.

You'll find the new trailer after the break and be sure to check out the original trailer we reported on in the summer. I actually prefer it as it features the killer Clash song, "Guns of Brixton."

warrenEBB (10 years ago) Reply

cooL! though it would probably be best if they dubbed the lead actor and lead badguy. (what sensitive whispery voices they have - hmmf. bleh). other than that huge glaring problem, it looks pretty sweet!

i humbly disagree. thought the voices and soundwork on this were pretty decent. maybe could do with some polishing and better accenting of up-points but still gd.

Looks like standard PA to me. Low budget and nothing special.

rek (10 years ago) Reply

I'm unclear on how oil can "collapse".

The story (which doesn't seem to be mentioned in the trailer!) is bog-standard PA: protagonist tries to escape the wasteland to some mythical haven where everything good and just exists just as it did in the old days (ha!).

I wish more effort was made to make the vehicles look more PA

Gary Casey (10 years ago) Reply

I perfer the original trailer too. OK, it's because I'm in it. Watch out for the battery guy.

AWESOME!!!! I finally got in the trailer!! :)

Fikre (10 years ago) Reply

The movie Downstream is the best film out there. I saw the movie at least twice. The more I watch it the more I get the message. Incredibly produced, written and acted. Well done!

Ausares (9 years ago) Reply

Finally got to watch it over the weekend. Was way better than I anticipated! The movie was great backed by solid acting cast, storyline and effects. I have seen many pa movies more than the average joe and can say that this is far better than some of the big budget ones that are out there.