Christopher Webster [Celluloid 02.12.10] post apocalyptic movie trailer news thriller

Directed by first-timer Imran Naqvi, The Last Seven is a British post-apocalyptic "empty city" thriller that tells the story of a cataclysmic event that leaves only seven remaining people on earth. Just to make things worse, as they desperately struggle to understand the events they have been thrust into, they are hunted one by one by a powerful demonic power!

If the shades of 28 Days Later meets I am Legend haven't grabbed you then you'll love the look of the trailer. It doesn't give much away as it's a teaser, but it's pretty slick to look at.

The Last Seven stars Simon Phillips, Tamer Hassan, Sebastian Street, Daisy Head, Rita Ramnani and Danny Dyer.

Trailer after the break.

J.J. (7 years ago) Reply

This is such a weird trailer. Even though there is no dialogue you can still tell the acting is really bad. I looked these guys up, and they were behind that really awful Danny Dyer gangster movie 'Jack Said' that looked like a bad student film.

The tubby lead from that film is also in this movie.

I think I'll download this one for fun, but I'm not parting with my hard earned cash.

K.K (7 years ago) Reply

So long as it's better than the god-awful "Zombie Diaries", I'll be happy!

YankeeBoy (7 years ago) Reply

I will keep an eye out for this one on Netflix and Blockbuster. Look forward to renting it in the USA ... assuming it gets a release outside of the UK.

why would anyone really be excited for this? its like the cube but in a city. or the recently released, very well done the examination but without exam. its like i am legend without monsters. so stereotypical. and danny dyer on top.
awful.

JackCrow (7 years ago) Reply

Nice any shiny clothes, gloves, clean shaves, I bet they smell good too.
Shiny and new, is not what the pa world looks like, so <i>this</i> FAILS.
Really how do you wake up on the street without a wrinkle on your jacket, a yes it is the apocalypse, eveybody is gone, dust, air, dirt also.

And what, do we need to praise every garbage they thinker up because it is PA, like why?
Vanilla twilight exploitation of "end of the world", so boring.

Do original stuff, make a new plot, invest creativity, do not copy the seen before.

rek (7 years ago) Reply

Anonymous, are you implying Cube is bad?

JackCrow (7 years ago) Reply

>The rest of you: lighten up. Nobody's going to make you watch it if you don't want to.

That is beside the point, it is the undeserved HYPE things without value get nowadays, out of sheer trend following.
It is as if though hipster movement got on every single movie site, and the herd follows.
If you put PA on any garbage, you'll most certainly get the followers, because people are a big mass, that only has herd mentality, worrying how not to get out of the "popular" club, so they hype even the garbage that is hard to swallow to retain the appearance.

Not all think that way, some still read, have seen plenty, know things, and even went to art of film school to see when something looks bad.

Everybody is a critic, one might say, but some really have marit in what they say, even if they are not in the movie buisness themselves, but have attained a specific taste in what good by their definition is; so every opinion should be heard, and counted in, of those who you value you should take a point of consideration.

There is absolutely nothing to lighten up for, when you see a copy of a copy of a copy, even a copier machine tends to blur and make indistinguishable text, let alone humans.

Paul (7 years ago) Reply

Message to JackCrow:

Hank (7 years ago) Reply

this looks silly. how come the last 7 people all wind up living in London?

JackCrow (7 years ago) Reply

>OR... you could wait and actually watch the damn thing before casting your opinion in stone.

I mind the hype,other than that I'm all eyes.
Based on what we see, so far it does not deserve:"but it's pretty slick to look at".

What does that even mean, it's pretty slick, is his suit slick, it does not wrinkle AT ALL, I give it that, or eveything is shiny and new, o yeah the street is spotless. :)
REAL PA. ;)

rek (7 years ago) Reply

JackCrow - What hype? This is the only place I've seen it mentioned, and can you blame them for having an above average interest and degree of support for any PA film that comes along?

And what the hell does this have to do with hipsters?

JackCrow (7 years ago) Reply

No blame, actually it is quite enjoyable, but what one expects is after seeing a lot of works ( similar) is some developed standards, and not blanket statements that something is ultra rad before the final product is at hand.

I am very dissapointed in the views of the staff however, because they should be the first to have the bar set up higher than a few inches and take reservation before the final product, but jolly for them this way I guess.

What it has to do with hipsters, well the mentality, new = awesome - value = who cares, same thing observed on every movie site.
New movie = awesome ( unattended casual viewer pov), but in reality more than 85% is less than acceptable ( menatl pain to watch), 10% are pure uncurbed creativity, and 5% statistical error but awesome nevertheless.

Hype, well you'll see why, stick around, and observe.

Hot Fuzz (7 years ago) Reply

I don't know what all the fuzz is about here. Looks not too bad for an indie. If the movie delivers on the plot's promise then it could be alright. Could be crap too. Same as any film.

I'm looking forward to actually watching this film and seeing if it's any good - and if the answers to the questions posed here are answered. THEN I'll decide if it's good or not.

Paul (7 years ago) Reply

Jackcrow - sorry to be blunt, but I've read your postings on this thread and they make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I've read them through a few times now and I can't really fathom the point you're making...

Jason Kelvins (7 years ago) Reply

I think this looks very cool - creepy, and about time that we had something like this from a British point of view - 28 days later was the last time that i had seen something this cool. lovin the mystery. Jackcrow - try to be a bit open minded. it might be crap - but give it a chance.

Luke (7 years ago) Reply

This looks interesting. I'm a fan of A Quiet Earth, so I like the angle this is coming from.

Previously, the fact that Danny Dyer is in this would have put me off. Not because I don't like Danny dyer, (because I do like him) but because his filmography was a bit ropey in the past. But these days the quality of films he stars in is on the up, so I hope this continues that trend. I was gonna write a response to all the people dissing this film but then I realised it was mainly just JackCrow, so I'm not going to bother, a person is allowed his opinion, even if i don't quite understand what that opinion is!

Although I will say: dude! have you ever heard of wrinkle-free fabric suits!!

witchman (7 years ago) Reply

Mr Crow, everyone is entitled to a good old fashioned rant. My only advice to you is...pick a better film to spit over. I think we can all safely agree this is not a game changer of a movie.

hellboysayswecan (7 years ago) Reply

Like the look of this - sounds like it's casuing quite a stir - wanna wait and see it before you get my opinion!

SomeAreDead (7 years ago) Reply

I've been lucky enough to see the script of this film (a few moons ago) and though it looks like 28 days, Legend etc the actual premise is pretty different. Without giving anything away it keeps you guessing right up to the wire and the payoff is pretty worthwhile. Can't comment on the finished movie as I wasn't involved in the end but it promises to be an original addition to the genre

gorgeousgeroge (7 years ago) Reply

Looks interesting... want to see more please?

LibLonBoi (7 years ago) Reply

I love the way everyone nowadays is a critic. Bearing in mind, no one's actually seen the film yet, it makes me want to vomit down their "Self Opinionated" throats. Hey guys, it's a trailer! And in my opinion no better or worse than the majority of trailers I've seen this year. I'm going to "ACTUALLY WAIT" to see the film before damning or praising the project. What I will say is this, I like the sound of it, I'd pay to go see it and good on these guys for getting it made in what has been a financially crippling year for British cinema.

donc48 (7 years ago) Reply

I was thinking the same thing Hank had brought up. Seven people left on Earth all living in London? Then I considered some American films and reconsidered. With out knowing the premise in which these seven people found themselves in London the first thing that screamed out at me was not how clean and well groomed everybody was if the event had just happened that would be expected.
It was the lack of cars anybody who has been in central London knows the place is usually crawling with them.
I&acirc;&euro;&trade;m going to withhold judgment and keep an open mind, the trouble with Post Apocalyptic and Apocalyptic Fiction as well as Science Fiction in General is few film makers have a passion for the genre and see it was a vehicle to make a larger point. If your looking for Good A and PA stick with the written word, and take any films as what they are entertainment.

rek (7 years ago) Reply

JackCrow: "new = awesome"

That's the precise opposite of hipster values. Hipsters put retro/nostalgia/original ahead of anything new, with the exception made for new things that revive/reference old styles (which does not, in any way, apply in this case).

As for standards, we all set our own. Plenty of times QE toasts a film or trailer that commenters think (and say) looks terrible. PA is a subgenre of a subgenre, expecting QE to pan or ignore 90% of new offerings because they don't live up to some imagined standard would leave this site bare and threads empty; counterproductive to say the least.

JackCrow (7 years ago) Reply

I stand correct myself when it is out.
What I saw is what I commented on.
Difference of opinion keeps the world turning.

Cheers guys :)

keith.snet (7 years ago) Reply

looks like this film is causing quite a stir. my opinion, valued or not, alot of people are clutching at straws with regards to the details, there clothes arent creased enough, there's not enough cars on the street, it's to clean, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. very few films that are made are made flawless. there are websights whose soul purpose is to tear holes in films, which i'm sure that jack crow is a member of, no offence jack:), picking out hundreds of faults in movies that cost millions to make. not enough cars, it happened at night, it's to clean, just because it's PA doesnt mean there had to be a bomb, or a meteor, or some alien species that demolishes the earths surface, maybe that's where this movies is different, and as for the characters being to well presented for PA, well maybe IT ONLY HAPPENED YESTERDAY. how does anybody know that the writer and director haven't already thought about it? and if they havent, SO WHAT. im sure we will all be able to pick holes in it, doesnt make it a bad movie. the bottom line, watch it, don't watch it, enjoy it, don't enjoy it. recommend it to friends? I'll let you know.

Harry Brown (7 years ago) Reply

Totally agree with keith.snet. The very fact that one of the lines is "I don't know who I am" suggest there is some mystery to this story that will probably be explained. Hell, explaining it will most likely be the actual point and story of the film! Maybe we'll find out why there are no cars. Maybe we'll find out why someones clothes are not wrinkled! (What a stupid thing to focus on). Maybe there's no "dust, debris etc" because the story has something else going on? Maybe? Maybe none of us here know what happens and should WATCH THE FUCKING FILM before we start either jizzing over it in excitement or pissing over it in disappointment. It's a trailer for fucks sake. Watch the film and then spout your ill-informed opinion.

johnnydives (7 years ago) Reply

Trailer to this looks great. I'm a fan of Tamer Hassan and Danny Dyer. Sebastian Steet is also a upcoming actor. I can't wait to see the film. I'm sure this is just a taste of what is to come. The trailer left me wanting more. Nice job

JackCrow (7 years ago) Reply

You guys are great, that is one asset this site and many other movie sites have.

Without spoiling personal presumptions (no offense taken); I like suits and wear them every day, dislike wrinkling though, what can I say. lol
Without making excuses, I like to comment on what I see, at least we are all big fans of the genre here not do the opposite and purely praise; if we do not criticize objectively who will.

Ok, lets have some more info:
Exclusive Interview ( new) and Trailer ( the one we have here) for Danny Dyer&acirc;&euro;&trade;s The Last Seven

Wiki article:
Imdb:

Detailed buisness plan with synopsis, cast, parts, plot, posters, strategy in marketing:

Behind-the-Scenes Images from The Last Seven

It turns out it is about Biblical prohpecies, and now I'm really interested.
Now we can cause more stir. :))

witchman (7 years ago) Reply

HAHHA! Mr Crow, your spelling may suck...but 10 out of 10 for your research capabilities and ability to whip up a storm over nothing!

donc48 (7 years ago) Reply

Ok you got me hooked, I looked over some of the info dropped off by Jack Crow (Thanks Jack!) I see shades of Dean Koontz The Taking. (Granted I have not seen the upon for mentioned flick I but I can speculate!!!!) I&acirc;&euro;&trade;m going to put this puppy in my watch list they cut it louse this summer.

bad dog (7 years ago) Reply

I thought Jack Crow made a good point. But then again I have a natural liking for anybody named after a character in one of my favorite works of fiction.

What actually kind of bothered me about the premise is the stakes involved. The world's over, there are seven people left, and if that ain't bad enough, somebody is evil and has to murder the other six.

Christ, the premise is depressing enough without the stalking murderer angle. If it was the end of the world and everybody I knew had evaporated and the human race was facing extinction, I'd probably lie down, crap myself and die of starvation, unable to move.