quietearth [Celluloid 03.03.10] movie trailer horror thriller drama

Did I ever say I loved Christina Ricci? Yes I do, but our own Hal didn't love this film. Admittedly, I still want to see it.

A young woman caught between life and death... and a funeral director who appears to have the gift of transitioning the dead, but might just be intent on burying her alive.

Trailer after the break.

Jandy (10 years ago) Reply

I saw it at AFI...very underwhelming. Which was too bad, because I was really excited about it. But if you really REALLY like Ricci, you may like it to some degree. Just to say, in the Q&A after the film, someone asked what drew her to this role. Her answer: "I really don't like wearing clothes." (She did go on and say other, more thoughtful things, but honestly, that works as well as any other reason.)

You cannot be sure but I saw the movie, was disappointed and now I am suprised to read how totally awesome and mind-blowing it is - for example in 10 out of 11 current user reviews on IMDB. And when self-promoting maybe it's not good to overuse phrases like 'cult movie' - it's not very modest, is it? lol

loci (10 years ago) Reply

"Does anyone else think that the movie (producers?, creators?) is self-promoting on the net?"
Of course. They all do...rampantly.
I fell out of love with Ricci when she went skinny.

Marina (10 years ago) Reply

The trailer looks a bit bland but I'll see it. Love Ricci (even if she has gone all skinny on us) and I have a soft spot for Mac Guy Justin Long.

Justine (10 years ago) Reply

I saw the movie at AFI as well and... it was brilliant. Sure it had flaws as all low budget indie films do. And the trailer doesn't do the film justice (marketing guys are only after the horror geeks). And no, I'm not a producer or the director's mom. Just an average girl who loves movies. I think this film will divide audiences. Some will love it with a passion and others will hate it with an equal amount of passion. But isn't that what filmmaking's all about? To provoke people's reactions even if it's negative?

MrSatyre (10 years ago) Reply

Chunky or skinny, will always love Christina. And, lordy, if those aren't the perkiest nips in a red slip in Hollywood history, I don't know whose are!

Ok I'll try to believe it's just a group of devoted fans. movie's out soon so everyone can go see it and form their own opinion