quietearth [Celluloid 03.18.10] movie trailer news scifi action

Remember the incredible sounding Days of Victory we reported on a while back? The one we were all excited about? Well it's still in development, but Shaun Rana just got in touch with us and is back with something even better and it's called Warren Lich. Story details are slim, but have to do with the rebellion and a bounty hunter. This will be a feature film and we have an INCREDIBLE 4 minute concept trailer.

Really folks you want to check this out.

And we have a gallery of concept art after the break.

Dang. That was impressive. Beyond the look and visuals, I like the pulpy comic book feel of the whole thing.

The dude sort of sounds like Vin Diesel. They should pitch the project to him.

cant find a lot of positive things going for this thing sry. to me its a cgi(crap)fest.

:I

Way too long. Wears you down. If they are going to pitch people with it I'd suggest cutting it down to a minimum so that the visuals they worked so hard on shine rather than become a video game trailer.

Jandy (9 years ago) Reply

I would watch that. I would also play it as a video game. :)

AWESOME MAN!!!!!!

JackCrow (9 years ago) Reply

W O W!

Sin city neo noir meets V for vendetta meets The Matrix in Franklyn world, with elements of Blade Runner, featuring the resistance leader that clearly resembles C&C's Kane with hair and 300's King Leonidas, in a Tetragrammaton world order of the Equilibrium.

Dominate this - Dodge this!
hah!

And the girl looks fantastic...

SIGN ME UP!

More info;
higher res wallpapers:

The budget used used was est 1000EUR.
Concept trailer shot on Panasonic HVX.

The related videos:
Warren Lich Concept Trailer (Making of the Bike) Breakdown.mov

looks so like from Full Throttle.

Making of Warren Lich Concept Trailer

Warren Lich Concept Trailer (Making of the Arm) Breakdown

Concept art:

Page with all the info:

arnold (9 years ago) Reply

This was interesting - steam punk noir made Sin City style. The only thing that made me cringe is the Matrix crap - Trinity lookalike, "Dominate this..." while pointing a gun, etc. - all that crap should be taken out.

donc48 (9 years ago) Reply

It seems like to me it’s trying to hard a little to over the top, to many explosions to much CGI and, for Christ sakes louse the hat. I got a sneaking feeling I’m not ‘it’s market.

I must say i really like the atmosphere in the trailer and the and the use of colors combine with the cool charcs makes it very intense to watch....
All Thumbs Up!

make it happen plz

chuck (9 years ago) Reply

Hmmm... I think this may be the first example of a 'post-steampunk' aesthetic. I kinda like it. I hope they keep the raw, comic book look while polishing some of the cheesier CGI. I like the disjointed compositing. The gun-armed guy brings to mind Willem Defoe in Boondock Saints. This one could go either way, but I'll stay hopeful.

the dialog is killing me

too many films like this will be the death of light (9 years ago) Reply

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...wha..what? Oh has it stopped with the stuff and the flashy flashing and the noises and the and the clockwork orange hat and the i've seen it all before many times. What? No, i didn't see it, i fell asleep at the beginning. Can we go home now? We can! Good!

I Think it looks really cool! From what I understood of The Making of and the info from the movie. This was basically made for a penny! Just pure raw talent and drive.. Congrats guys!! Looking forward to see the final project! Great mix of PA, Steam-Punk, Comic-Books and Kung-Fu!

witchman (9 years ago) Reply

My money is on Matt Santoro's "Offline" to be honest. This is fine, seems to be a lot of stuff like this of late. But kudos to anyone that puts their heart and soul into actually getting stuff done. I can see why pulp lovers would dig this.

boring. and amateur. meh.

JackCrow (9 years ago) Reply

O yeah Anonymous | March 19, 2010 06:46:07 pm, coming from someone who can't even sign his name, and has a gut to speak what is amateurish and what is not...
...chicken!

Your promo real or STFU and GTFO.

DarkRouge (9 years ago) Reply

This is what i have been waiting for in a long time. The visual and artwork are stunning. Would like to see more

justaviewer (9 years ago) Reply

I must agree on most comments, this looks like it could me something. If the story is written well combined with that steampunk/noir style then im sold.

THIS IS CRAZY!!! Im a scifi freak and im proud of it make this movie so we can have some the pleause to see it. Cant Wait !!!!!

Triage Turncoat (9 years ago) Reply

"I don't like government people, but I DESPISE rebellions..." HUH!? "I don't believe in conspiracy theories..." WHAAAAAT!? Who wants to follow a main character that's willfully stupid? Gee, I guess he has an arm that's pretty powered up though.

MrSatyre (9 years ago) Reply

They need to learn the distance equals time where perspective is concerned. In other words, the further you are away from a moving object, the slower it appears to be moving. Smoke, fog, flames, etc.

MatInTheHat (9 years ago) Reply

Jack Crow. Sir. I understand your enthusiasm. I can appreciate how you would rise in defense of the artists who took the time to make this short. I have to tell you though, the majority of the planet does not have a film reel, but they do have an artistic opinion. Art is visual, and instantly interpreted.

My hat is off to anyone who puts the time in to make a visual product. If the guys that put this together are doing it for themselves, then no comments matter, but if they want to distribute something like this, or see it turned into a larger product they will need to refine it based on criticism. It's that simple.

Your demo reel or GTFO is a dead end.

Also, none of us are posting with our real names, so there is no difference between MatInTheHat, Jack Crow, or Anonymous.

Please don't be offended. This is simply friendly advice from an old artist.

JackCrow (9 years ago) Reply

MatInTheHat thanks for the kind words.
I absolutely agree that all of us can find something to be bothered about even in the kitchen table.
BUT hit and run tactics, Net provides, gives people wings to spit on just about everything they see, without any repercussion whatsoever, let alone credibility and knowledge.
All I'm saying is while it is easy to criticize, make a point about what exactly you mind ( even if you are not a producer or artist, from how you say "visual, and instantly interpreted"" standpoint.
When you see something to correct it mention how would you personally do it better, can you do it better, that is productive, anything else is just blurb.
I mean install 3dmax or Maya, Lightwave, and render something in a shot movie, contact the QE staff, and they will surely post it.
Saying something is amateurish, in 3 words, not only undermines the effort invested, but it looks to me also personally insulting for the author and all of us participating here in the discussion, aside from the fact that we like it.
As for the signing your handle, sure real or not, makes no difference, anon stands for no cred, if you sign with anything, let alone register, what you say is how people regularly visiting will perceive you and your opinion, agreeing or not.

We've all seen haters all around, but a few people that invest time and effort to change something, even if it looks clichéd, they have tried.

Also f.i. Nemesis movie, you see a guy in charge post here and answers ever comment, c'mon, it would be plain out rude to insult a person who invests so much personal effor in a project.

On the other hand Tron2, all awe and when f.i. I disagree that most looks like
overvisualized, everybody hits me straight.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, if they provide arguments for it, if not they are either illiterate or immature IMO.

Okayyyy then. To get back on subject... some people love this... some people hate it. If these filmmakers want the most successful i.e. "wide playing" film they can make... they need to figure out what it is that people hate about it and make some creative tweaks to it all... otherwise it will just play to a niche audience... which can be fine... but if money matters to them... they need to acknowledge the criticism. I doubt that movie "The Road"' made for $25M (not including P&A costs) is happy with grossing $23.4M worldwide. However if it's not about making money with this film then... onward as is... judging from the comments... at least Quiet Earth, PA, Steampunk, etc. enthusiasts will check it out. Although I have a feeling most are primarily judging on visuals. If the story and writing isn't there... even the niche audience will eventually turn on them via DVD release reviews and such.

The bounty hunter sounds a lot like David Bateson [ubisoft's hitman]. At 2:25 it doesn't look like the actor is speaking either... Can make for one awkward movie if your actor isn't using his own voice the whole time.
The main villain is a little cliche with half his face missing don't you think?
"Dominate this..." no.

However on a 1000EUR budget this is amazing. Looks like a world stuck in a steampunk post wwii era, brilliant. Love the costume design, love the weapons, love the cars. This has a ton of potential to be amazing if you can manage to get a real budget behind this.

ps. Please lose the stupid hat on the bounty hunter.

Wauw, somebody has been watching a lot of videocopilot.net tutorials to make this. It's basically SHIT wrapped in "glorious" effects. Too much!! Don't watch this crap.