Christopher Webster [Celluloid 06.30.10] movie news scifi animation

These two stellar trailers were shown at some booth of the past Toei Tokyo Anime Fair, 2010. I think the teaser for Gaiking, has already appeared online, but I haven't see the awesome one for Captain Harlock: Space Pirate before.

I don't know much about the history of these animes. All I know is tat if you're a hard scifi fan, a mech fan or a space opera fan you are going to sh*t a brick.

Enjoy!

Trailers via: zonafando

I remember the OVAs as well. But a CGI holly Sh*t!

Albator99 (10 years ago) Reply

Oh yeah! Bring on Harlock!

Looks awesome!

TurboHz (10 years ago) Reply

This looks seriously wrong. I recently started re watching the whole series, and the pace is completely different from this. It's more psychological and philosophical, about honor, and ethics. And many more mature topics.

This looks like Space Pirate VS (bald) Space Marines. Rubish.

Fox (10 years ago) Reply

Uh...yes, just because they´ve put in some impressive all-out action shots inside a trailer to promote this vehicle, it means they give a huge pile of shit about the Harlock saga....Just wait and see before you judge! Man, I hate this. It´s always about whining and reducing everything to crap...
I´m very sure this will be one of Japan´s coming highlights. For me it´s the best news of the day, fanatastic!

Bryan (10 years ago) Reply

Is that Gaiking teaser for the CGI movie that Toei is doing or is it the proof of concept for the live action one that Jules Urlbach is doing? I saw it a while back associated with Urlbach's production.

BryAnime (10 years ago) Reply

I just saw the Captian Harlock trailer. It was awesome. Looked like a Skies of Arcadia movie, but set in space