quietearth [Celluloid 08.25.10] France zombies news short

I know this little short has been in the works (read: delayed) for around 4 years now, and the reason I heard was that it just wasn't very good. Now the full thing has shown up online (via horror-movies) and you can check it out for yourself.

However, it does feature Karina Testa (who played Yasmine in Xavier Gens Frontier(s)) using a very large barreled revolver which she annoyingly drops to cock the hammer every single shot without fail. With hordes of zombies around, can you really spare that amount of time? Not to mention the egregious waste of bullets. Do these people know anything about firearms? Besides the gore, it's really nothing special.

Full short after the break.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Thorn (8 years ago) Reply

so many things wrong with this short. Some of the directing was ok, make up was good, but overall crap and ffs you can't just haul weapons out of your ass like Bugs bunny.

Fox (8 years ago) Reply

I somehow like this over-the-top-comic feel it has, nonethless it isn´t very good. I like my current zombie-favorite "High School of the Living Dead" anime-series a lot more!

Well, at least they tried to do SOMETHING, unlike so many others who only seem to be able to sit on their ass, surfing the net only to bash almost all movies before they even come out:-)

That looks like the worst zombie film ever. It's obvious they don't know the first thing about firearms. Looks like she was carring a Civil War-era Colt Navy or Army pistol which is single action & must be cocked manually before firing. I guess she wasn't strong enough to cock the hammer w/ her thumb & used her other hand. Also she fired way more than 6 shots w/o reloading, & he fired more than 30 shots from his 2 pistols which look like the models that only hold about 10 shots per clip. I hate it when producers & directors use guns in movies & don't know the first thing about them.

Richard (8 years ago) Reply

This was awesome, what is wrong with you guys. Sit back and enjoy it, stop being a critic... It was funny, heartwarming, kind of and really, its just 12 minutes of your life and free... I want to see the japan at night story next!!!!!

GRRRRR (8 years ago) Reply

This was a mildly funny zombie comedy but the comments here are even funnier.

"How can the Eiffel Tower be brought down by a single AT4 rocket launcher???? Impossible! She didn't even disengage the mechanical safety firing pins and yell FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!! Feh!"
--Anonymous

haha it's just a comedy it's not intended to be realistic ...

paul (8 years ago) Reply

Never mind all of that crap! Zombies cannot ride motorcycles much less use the clutch!

TJ (8 years ago) Reply

Apparently, it is you, the reviewer, who knows nothing about firearms. She is clearly using a single action revolver which means that the hammer has to be cocked every time before firing. Due to its massive size it would be harder for her to cock the hammer with the gun level than it is by bringing it down to her side using leverage. Aside from that this is why the french shouldn't make zombie movies. Although The Horde may change my mind on that...

I have a sneaking suspicion that this just might be a parody. Maybe. I think. If you remember that the French think Jerry Lewis is a comedic genius, then everything becomes clear.