Christopher Webster [Celluloid 09.29.10] post apocalyptic movie trailer news scifi

While the jury is still out on the directing chops of the brothers Strause, their FX abilities are put on full display in this all new trailer for their alien invasion thriller, Skyline. Yes I'm a tad skeptical and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's the no-atmosphere HD photography and maybe it's the bevy of TV actors running around, but this honestly feels only a couple notches above a Asylum joint -with WAY better VFX, obviously.

Besides introducing us to the film's main characters, a new plot point of the aliens using the eyes, or "seeing" as a way to grab you is revealed. Could be interesting, but as for Skyline being "the new District 9"? I'm not holding my breath.

Watch the new trailer over at Apple trailers or after the break.

Matt (8 years ago) Reply

I'm thinking it looks more like an Independence Day action type movie than a political statement like District 9 was. Still looks good in it's own way.

maybe you're skeptical because the newscaster lines were friggin horrible

Jonas (8 years ago) Reply

Yeah I'm pretty sure the script will be really crappy. Okay effects so hopefully the movie will be atleast entertaining in its crappiness.

Unfortunately I just read it's from the same directors who did AvP: R. I'm not even expecting a so bad it's fun movie here.

Kal Verd (8 years ago) Reply

Visually it looks great. The creature/roboty things look like they can do some real damage but i agree in that im skeptical. For one thing i cant stand Eric Balfur or whatever his name is and to be honest im amazed people still keep putting him in film and TV when hes so bad.

donc48 (8 years ago) Reply

I have to disagree with the posters so far this has an Independence Day feel to it. This one I may actually go see.

there probably hoping some studio pics it up and redoes it with large budget.

rek (8 years ago) Reply