Christopher Webster [Cathode Ray Mission 12.28.10] Tuvalu post apocalyptic trailer scifi

Can TNT find the same success with Falling Skies as AMC did with Walking Dead? Aliens always carry more budget needs than zombies which could be detrimental to the series, but if what I'm seeing here is any indication of the tone of the show it could be a step above most small screen forays into the genre.

Synopsis:
About a former college professor who becomes the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force. Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) co-stars as Anne Glass, a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation. The series also stars Drew Roy (Lincoln Heights) as Hal and Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom’s two sons; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps run the group’s commissary. Will Patton (Armageddon, TNT’s Into the West) will play a recurring role as a fierce resistance fighter.

TNT has also launched a new, four page web comic that will continue until the show airs in June 2011.

Watch the trailer for Steven Spielberg's TNT television show, Falling Skies, after the break.

hmm... I like alien shows...

But something about it just doesn't feel like it will be a hit.

RichardRider (9 years ago) Reply

We are seeing a lot of buzz about aliens once more. Maybe they are readying us for something mwhahahaha :-)

John (9 years ago) Reply

What is this half life rehash, small cal weaponry against emp and you name it lasers and all kinds of bombs.
O there is a tank and a .50 cal too, wow, also there are blondes and brunettes to keep the main characters and the audience occupied, are we sold - NOT.

FAIL.

donc48 (9 years ago) Reply

Ok, first I’m a sucker for alien invasion movies that said I hated the War of the Worlds remake. This might really work and as bad as movies have been and as many plot holes as we have seen. I’m a little surprised at the nit picking, guys it a Alien Invasion TV Series relax. Now if I’m woken up and have an eight legged green guy chasing me wanting to suck out my liver I might rethink the idea of Alien invasion until then I’m going to give this a shot.

Tensen01 (9 years ago) Reply

While I have a feeling this isn't going to end up lasting I look forward to it. I will give any show that looks like it might possibly be good a chance... I'll will support any attempt to make something that isn't "reality" TV.

bad dog (9 years ago) Reply

Haha, looks like fun, but will require a huge willing suspension of disbelief.

For example:

Earth at the height of its power against aliens = powerless.

Starving refugees with handguns living in caves = mankind fights back and wins.

to much silly family drama not enough sci-fi looks rather boring

cheezit (9 years ago) Reply

just relax and let it be fun...cant ttake something like this serious...its just entertainment....better than some jerk-off reality show about bimbo's & college slackers....

Frodo (9 years ago) Reply

More flatscreen Prozac. Go back to sleep America.

Lenman (9 years ago) Reply

It has descent actors and looks like good production quality for TV. Hopefully the story won't suck. Does feel a little like "V". Anything that isn't zombies is a plus for me!

"Earth at the height of its power against aliens = powerless. Starving refugees with handguns living in caves = mankind fights back and wins."

Mankind of course being America;)

Rook (9 years ago) Reply

I am pessimistic on this new TNT series for a couple of reasons:

1) It has Noah Wyle in the lead role. It also has the annoying Cpt. Dale Dye.
2) Spielberg is behind it - need I remind anyone about his previous alien invasion TV mini-series, the completely mediocre Taken?
3) This trailer makes it seem like a remake of the remake of V. Which is to say, we've seen this particular type of alien invasion lots of time before this.

I have little hope for it. Yawn.