Christopher Webster [Film Festival 01.24.11] movie news horror

People, a word of advice if I may. If you see the names Lucky McKee and Jack "splatter punk" Ketchum on a marquee don't buy a ticket unless you're a balls out horror fan. Because ya know someone's getting eaten.

Want to see what happens when you're not prepared? Just watch this dude loose it after leaving the Sundance screening.

Synopsis:

The Woman is a sort of sequel to last year's Offspring (review). It stars Angela Bettis, Pollyanna McIntosh, and Sean Bridgers.

Ben.adam (8 years ago) Reply

jeez, this guy is totally off limits with his way of stating his opinion, even with all due respect to feeling upset about this kind of movie. and no, i haven't watched it either ;)

bad dog (8 years ago) Reply

Fake?

blackholebird (8 years ago) Reply

i think he is not off limits here. he is polite, but angry. it is his opinion. i think its hard to discuss it without seeing the movie but i can understand if he got upset when people cheer to a scene where people got eaten...

Everyone has a right to their opinions, but I feel that in the middle of a screening is neither the time nor place.

If I am offended by a film, I just leave. Though, unlike him, I do not believe in censorship.

J Carson (8 years ago) Reply

Oh this is probably a marketing ploy. Personally I thought the Offspring was horrible, bad acting, makeup, etc.

I did like The Girl Next Door and Red but otherwise I think his films are somewhat hit or miss.

uncleB (8 years ago) Reply

There's always a douchbag in every crowd (bad dog)

Lotus Eater (8 years ago) Reply

Listen the first time I saw this, I was high as F U C K it was amazing. Im high now.

Kimba (8 years ago) Reply

I have read EVERY book he has written. He is a freak'n genius! Most people don't understand ART....and aren't open minded. I am a woman, but i understand his job is to bring out each character, he is not the sick one...he is doing what he does best...brings them to life, as sick as they are...there is a huge difference. And we pay to relish in each page he writes! TO you Mr. Ketchum... hats off to you! Don't stop what u are doing!
Kimba

(7 years ago) Reply

Angry Birds is definitely Scandinavian. The bird is a beloved creature there and this game taps into that mindset. The game centers around a handful of different characters. The object of the game is for you to send birds off in a slingshot to knock off pigs from a variety of structures. In other versions of the game, there are also macaw birds and marmosets.

Walt333 (7 years ago) Reply

Where and when in the film do we learn that she is the last remaining member of a violent clan?

>>When a successful country lawyer captures and attempts to "civilize" the last remaining member of a violent clan that has roamed the Northeast coast for decades, he puts the lives of his family in jeopardy.<<

EV (7 years ago) Reply

If I recall, I don't think you do. A friend I recommended this film to asked me exactly the same thing. I'd previously read the Ketchum books 'Off Season' and 'Offspring' (as well as seeing the film version of the latter) which are the prequels. I also read 'The Woman' before seeing the film, so it was obvious to me. But while the film can be taken on its own without seeing the others, I don't think the point about where she came from is made clear. Not that it really matters to the film apart from the point it's mentioned in the synopsis.

Walt333 (7 years ago) Reply

EV: Thank you!

SilentJohn (7 years ago) Reply

i agree with the fake marketing ploy thing