Christopher Webster [Celluloid 02.04.11] movie news scifi

Inspired by a love of the film 'Star Wars' and the idea that audio commentaries could be expanded (Editor's note: agreed), Jambe Davdar set out to make what he calls "the ultimate audio/visual commentary". He started the project in February 2007 and four long years later has finally finished.

Let me put it this way, I don't talk about it much here, but at one time I was a ravenous Star Wars nut and Davdar has pulled together some stuff that I have never seen including interview clips, behind the scenes footage and alternative angles and takes all intercut into the film as it plays.

Synopsis:
Star Wars Begins is an unofficial commentary to Star Wars, offering an insight into the development and creation of film. The documentary combines video from the movie itself with seen and unseen behind the scenes footage, rare audio from the cast and crew, alternate angles, bloopers, reconstructed scenes, text facts and more to give an in-depth look at the process which brought the film to the big screen.

This ain't no crummy youtube mashup, this is some serious work which is why I decided to post.

Watch the entire thing in 14 parts after the break. And don't forget that the Star Wars Blu-rays are up for pre-order.

Jambe Davdar (6 years ago) Reply

Thanks for posting about my project!

No problem Jambe. Amazing work!

Are you making HD downloads or DVDs available?

marina (6 years ago) Reply

Yeah - I'd love to have that on DVD. Would make an excellent gift for the SW fan that already has everything.

MEGAT0N (6 years ago) Reply

Add me to the "I'd buy it on DVD list".

cyclops76 (6 years ago) Reply

Huge-hiper-mega fan of Star Wars here and proud of it. I love the saga and "A new Hope "/ "Empire" (can't break that tie") are still my favorite movies of all time. Thanks so much for this post and, of course, to Jambe for his amazing work.

"C'mon treadwell! I gotta get into anchorhead and tell Cammie and Fixer about this!"

I can't believe I'm seeing this footage.

This. Is. Amazing. Thank you.

In order to put this on DVD and sell it you would have to have the ok from George Lucas and his company would want some of the money it makes, as he would see this as only a way to generate money. There is no way you could sell this having something to do with StarWars with out his permission.

I say contact Lucasfilm, send them a copy, see if they're interested in including in something released in the future. At the very least they should hire you to work for them! You literally made a visual/audio commentary the likes of which I have never seen before on all the DVD's I've ever watched or owned. Any company should be happy to have that kind of innovative talent working for them. Well done!

What is it's a free download via rapidshare or something? Lucas couldn't say squat then.

I think you could work with Lucas give him a shout, at the very least talk someone over at his company. Have then check out the youtube vids.
Good Luck!

Jambe Davdar (6 years ago) Reply

I have never and will never sell these on DVD. Making money was never my motivation for making these. If full downloadable versions of these films appear it has nothing to do with me. DVD copies do exist but not for sale purposes.

Thanks so much for the amazing feedback everyone! I am so glad you are enjoying them!

Jambe Davadar send Lucas a link to the youtube vids for his enjoyment. You will have to send it to one of this Agents first.

Diggler (6 years ago) Reply

This is just frikkin AWESOME! I had never heard about this series you have created till yesterday. So far I have downloaded "Building Empire" and "Returning to Jedi" and will be watching them very soon.

Thank you so much Jambe for putting so much time, effort and love into these three movies. I will have to say that all Star Wars fans that see your work will agree you are a true Champion! :)

BTW I managed to download dvd editions of Jambe's previous movies from here

(be sure to get the SL versions)

Eugen (6 years ago) Reply

This is the best gift for an old star wars fan.I still remember when my dad took me to the cinema for the premier of new hope.I saw everything which is related to the movie but this is just awesome.Million thanks

supachupacabra (6 years ago) Reply