Marina Antunes [Celluloid 02.19.11] movie trailer news scifi thriller

The Timur Bekmambetov produced Apollo 18 has finally emerged from development hell. With director Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego at the helm, an infusion of cash from Bob Weinstein, the found footage film finally kicked into gear and today, a real trailer finally appeared for the film.

Here’s the official verbage:

Officially, Apollo 17, launched December 17th, 1972 was the last manned mission to the moon. But a year later, in December of 1973, two American astronauts were sent on a secret mission to the moon funded by the US Department of Defence. What you are about to see is the actual footage which the astronauts captured on that mission. While NASA denies its authenticity, others say it’s the real reason we’ve never gone back to the moon.

Apollo 18 originally had a release date of March 4th but it will now be opening wide on April 22nd.

Trailer after the break.

Pierre (8 years ago) Reply

Holy crap that looks amazing! If this doesn't make Paranormal Activity money I'll be very sad.

noname (8 years ago) Reply

It looks really good. cant wait.
The conspiracy guys are going to love this on so many levels.

It proves aliens are real.
It proves a secret space program.
It proves moon landing footage can be faked.

Merzmensch (8 years ago) Reply

Yes, and actually the faked Moon looks so similiar like the original NASA footage ;-)

Jeff (8 years ago) Reply

This might be my favorite documentary...next to Alien Autopsy... ;) "Houston, we have a...neighbour!"

rauk (8 years ago) Reply

So...blair witch in space? meh...

cheezit (8 years ago) Reply

looks like really good fun...especially since we all know the CIA faked the moon landings...;)

Wow Amazing!

John (8 years ago) Reply

Rather boring, if it does not include the Germans who landed there first...
My bets are on Iron Sky, now that will be a movie.
This is just as rauk pointed out, Blair Witch in space, and rather not a well one acted.
Too much men screaming...

shiteater (8 years ago) Reply

This looks fucking weak. Oh wow, they have the budget to make a period piece in space based off of recycled ideas. This is ludicrous that anyone that follows this site doesn't feel the same. Fuck this film.

Hot Fuzz (8 years ago) Reply

While I don't feel quite as strongly as shiteater, I do agree that his is a fairly weak trailer and doesn't give me a sense of anything i haven't seen before.

Also, paranormal activity had the family element to draw people into the story and give a crap about the characters. I have a feeling we'll just be waiting for these haggered old astronauts to die. Which we already know they will based on the premise.

I don't know. Seems like a flop, but I guess we'll see.

Speedhump (8 years ago) Reply

As long as it is not shaky cam...

donc48 (8 years ago) Reply

Any Science Fiction fan or Creature Feature fan worth their salt would be drooling. This looks freaking amazing NICE FIND QE!

John (8 years ago) Reply

shaky cam and heavy breathing, FTW!

I like the part where they say:"hey look the flag is gone?"

AJ (8 years ago) Reply

Anyone else get the idea that what they were discovering was evidence of a previous HUMAN civilization walking on the moon? The funny-looking-but-still-kind-of-recognizeable lander? The human mummy? As in "discovering a huge disaster-driven cycle to human civilization caused by some catastrophe brought back from visiting the moon"? Or is that just my imagination running away with me?

Jeff (8 years ago) Reply

That's what I thought, AJ. Love the idea of them figuring out at the end that making it to the moon is some sort of measurement to extra terrestrials, that indicates it is time to put us back to the stone age again.

Lenman (8 years ago) Reply

Looks like it might have some promise, but I guesss some of you have already condemed it based on a trailer.

shiteater (8 years ago) Reply

Garbage studio idea where suited execs call the shots, absolute rubbish. Dumb trailers and dumb movies garnering dumb opinions. "Great find QE!" Yeah this is on APPL trailers douche trigger.

shiteater (8 years ago) Reply

Hmmmm, wonder why the theatrical release date was pushed back almost two months? Oh wait, people in 3 piece suites blowing millions of dollars on a PR campaign.
Fuck you.