Marina Antunes [Celluloid 02.25.11] movie trailer news scifi horror

Who doesn’t love movies about demonically possessed kids? Actually, I was kind of hoping that I’m Not Jesus Mommy, originally known as Man Made, would be a little more like Splice (review) but scary and with a kid but it looks like this thriller which starts with cloning does take a religious turn somewhere along the line.

The story centers around Kimberly, a fertility specialist that becomes involved with a program that is cloning the world’s first humans. After recovering from cancer, she decides that she wants to have a baby so she steals a cloned embryo, has it implanted into her womb and carries it to term, raising the child as her own. She should have done her homework first because when the kid turns seven, weird things start to happen and her he seems to be at the centre of it all.

Forget the fact that any good specialist anyone would make sure the embryo they were stealing was top notch material before putting the sucker into their body. Even with that big plot hole and the bad trailer voice dude who kills the vibe, I'd still shell out money to see this. Pretty sure it can’t be any worse than Orphan and seriously, creepy kids are always good for at least 20 minutes, and it looks pretty decent as far as low budget horror fare goes. Who knows, maybe it’ll surprise and actually be good; I’m certainly hopeful.

The film is due for a limited nation wide theatrical release on April 22nd.

Trailer and a few more stills after the break.

Gorgal (8 years ago) Reply

They scrapped the voice, apparently?

Anyway, this looks pretty awful. As far as i can tell from this trailer, it is blandly shot and acted. Atleast ORPHAN looked good.

ProMovieBlogger (8 years ago) Reply

I thought Orphan was a good horror film.

I've seen the film, it's not a horror film, but a suspense-type film. I'd see the film before you judge it.

Gorgal (8 years ago) Reply

@Anonymous

What's the purpose of trailers then? I watch them to decide if something might be worth my time. This doesn't seem to be.

I suppose you're right, maybe this film isn't for you. I was really surprised when I saw it, it wasn't what I expected.

Rook (8 years ago) Reply

Oh boy, another movie that gratuitously uses Christan references. Haven't seen that a thousand times before....

When are we going to get an "I'm not Muhammed Mommy" movie? ;-)

Anon (8 years ago) Reply

Religion isn't even the point of the movie, it's just a small part. I've seen the movie as well, and it's MUCH better than the trailers make it look :)

...god damn it, ANOTHER biotech horror movie? Groan. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a coalition out there somewhere intentionally producing horror flics about ethically questionable procedures.
Well, not really, but still, jeez.

moviegoer (8 years ago) Reply

This movie was awful. I see a lot of movies and have never walked out of one before, was seriously considering leaving on this one. Gaping plot holes aside, the script was terrible and the "acting" was so bad I found it painful to watch.

Barbie (7 years ago) Reply

Saw the movie. It has the worst acting, dialogue, and effects I have ever seen. It was not scary at all. It was so dumb we actually laughed the whole time. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! It seems like a high school film student produced, directed, and then had his parents friends star in it.