Christopher Webster [Celluloid 04.18.11] post apocalyptic zombies movie news short scifi horror thriller

Here's a bit of Monday morning mayhem for you. It's a great zombie short film called Zone 261. It's from Swedish filmmaker Fredrik Hiller’s who is anxious to turn it into a feature film - the first real 3D Zombie movie from Sweden.

Synopsis:
Landskrona, Sweden, 2013. A ship crashes into the harbor dock. Police enter the wreck - and are attacked by the infected crew. Bitten policemen fall in a coma - and wake up as rabid monsters.

The disease spreads like a wildfire. Everyone tries to escape.

But the city is quarantined - the military erects a concrete wall around the city. The few non-infected - Swedes and immigrants alike - take shelter in the citadel.

As the infected try to claw their way into their sanctuary, the non-infected have to decide who the worst monsters are: their former enemies inside - or the infected on the outside.

As the tension inside the citadel escalate to boiling point, the non-infected, in order to survive, have to decide if they view their former enemies as monsters - or as brothers and sisters; if they see each other as immigrants and Swedes - or as fellow humans.

The feature film version is currently in pre-production with a eye to start lensing in June 2011 and release in 2012.

Watch the entire short film after the break.

SHOUT Factory Dedicated to What You Grew Up On

Visit the film's official site

Found at Genre Addict

John (6 years ago) Reply

Banana boxes 3D!

Shazaammm!
"just a little girl" lol

The zombies tiger scream was off putting
as well as use of chains.

Swedes wear caps backwards?
The end is nigh!

The zombies were horrible. I don't mind the fast running zombies but why are they using weapons? I don't like that at all.

Arllends (4 years ago) Reply

agree

Although this looks good production wise I think it strays to far from cannon to be considered a true zombie movie. Fast, thinking, weapon using infected are not what I would consider zombies. just sayin is all....

Umberto (6 years ago) Reply

Sembra veramente ben fatto... ma scusate ragazzi i zombi che corrono sono veramente ridicoli! troppo vantaggio per loro e troppo svantaggio per gli umani!

Shocbomb (6 years ago) Reply

yup I totaly agree with the above comment.I have no bias what so ever,I like bolth types of zombies/infected shamblers and runners. But the one thing that I can't stand is when a zombie uses a weapon or tool.

I agree. Nothing made me more mad during Land of the Dead than when that gas station zombie picked up the gun and "learned" how to use it.

Dumb.

Bob (6 years ago) Reply

Tool/weapon using organized zombies? Those aren't zombies!

I can't stand zombies using weapons either. But they obviously aren't zombies.
They are some type of infected/ rage virus/ still maintaining intelligent thought kind of hybrid monster.
I think the trailer is bad ass. Lokks leagues better than most peice of crap zombie movies. I love zombies, but the average Z movie is a total waste of time.

papadopolus (6 years ago) Reply

Come on everybody, if anyone had bothered to read the production company's synopsis, at no point is the word "zombie" used. They are the "infected", so all the zombie rules go out the window. And I'm lovin' it. Can't wait!

Fenriz (6 years ago) Reply

papadopolus is correct. As a fan of any type of "body horror" this looks good. Plus the very first modern zombie used a rock in Night Of The Living Dead. Just sayin.

shocbomb (6 years ago) Reply

I just hate extreme weapon and tool use buy my Zombies and infected the bottom line it sucks. Maybe I get to much into it the scientific & medical aspect's of it but ounce they start to use wepons this then brings up the question well how much damamge to the Cerebral Cortex & The frontal lobe did the disease/Virus actually do ? And for a Human being to walk around with the most basic animalistic instincts and not only kill but then eat other humans you would think a hell of alot ? So its hard to have bolth in my opinion the advanced weapon use with the homicidal & cannibalistic behavior. Sure a infected/zombie using a simple rock to smash a window I buy and don't mind but when they start piking up bladded and sharp edged weapons to use to stab and slash with and use baseball bats and chains to swing and remember how to shoot a gun well then thats a little to much for me to believe. Also It just takes away from the feel of the infected/zombie being a unreasonable mindless killer that will eather eat you or make you into one of them. I want my Zombies/infected to have the reasoning and social skills and the IQ of a predatory Animal not a small kid.

Interstella (6 years ago) Reply

I'm in 2 minds about the use of weapons and seeming basically human just infected. However, i'm sure we can all agree the zombie makeup FX were pretty darn good!

One small thing.. please...for the love of god do not make this into 3D!

Shocbomb (6 years ago) Reply

Interstella I agree with you 100% great looking makeup/zombies. Forget every thing we talked about above I don't care how good of a story,actors,weapons,setting,etc your Zombie/infected movie has if the zombies look bad and the makeup is cheap well the movie is going to be feel bad and cheap. Nothing more I hate then a horrible & cheap looking zombie. its worse then any flaw you could have when making a zombie/infected flick

RalphLockwood (6 years ago) Reply

Gotta say, that clip was pretty freak'in fantastic. Weapon use by infected notwithstanding, that was some fine cinema!