Christopher Webster [Cathode Ray Mission 04.19.11] Tuvalu post apocalyptic news scifi video

A few friends of mine have expressed concerns that TNT's Falling Skies will not deliver on anything by SyFy level FX and a less than cinematic look. With the less than high-res looks we've been given I told them it's too soon to tell.

Well the first five minutes of the Spielberg produced alien invasion show has appeared and I offer it to them as confirmation that the show will indeed deliver a cinematic feel and stellar FX, not to mention a post-apocalyptic world on the level of Cameron's Judgment Day. Seriously.

Synopsis:
FALLING SKIES opens in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. The few remaining survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers engage in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force, whose nature and purpose remains a mystery. FALLING SKIES is a tale of endurance, commitment and courage in which everyday people are called upon to become heroes.

The survivors may be outmatched, outnumbered and outgunned, but nothing can beat the human spirit. The series combines stunning visual effects and personal human stories about triumph and survival in the most devastating circumstances.

Seriously, this looks like a kick ass show.Check out the first five minutes after the break.

SHOUT Factory Dedicated to What You Grew Up On

Via: BleedingCool

this looks awesome, I can't wait to watch this.

Phoebe (8 years ago) Reply

Yup, I'm looking forward to this as well!

Michael Allen (8 years ago) Reply

Yes, this looks really good.

Fat Legs (8 years ago) Reply

I just can't get excited about this, all I've seen doesn't really suggest anything new or exciting's being added to the alien invasion idea. Hope I'm wrong but it vibes yawn.

Shocbomb (8 years ago) Reply

Actually I think it looks good. Also I always felt at most and I mean the odds are still a million to one but at most a small insurgency would be the most resistance the human race would be able to pull of against a alien civilization that invaded earth but was only a few thousand years more advanced then us. Now forget any time scale longer then that a Alien race tens of thousands or even millions or shit billions of years more advanced then we are today it would be like you crushing a small bug. But when it comes to a Alien invader only a few thousand years more advanced then we are today I can buy us fighting back somewhat. Even though thats still a long shot ! All in all it looks very promising to me even somewhat believable ?

Nick (8 years ago) Reply

I'm with Fat Legs, not one second of that footage was original or exciting including the alien design. And why was that kid explaining the day the aliens came to someone who lived through the same event? Because it's cheaper than showing it? Why do we have to go through an entire classroom of drawings (it reminded me of the opening to Children of the Corn)? Then, hold on, were running from lasers and running from lasers and running................. sorry, I nodded off.

donc48 (8 years ago) Reply

Five minutes of Fuc##ing awesomeness.

Im more interested in the Second 5 minutes of the show.

Of course they want to show the first little bit with the action. But how long does that last until all they do it talk and make plans to get food and water.

arnold (8 years ago) Reply

I just hope those "skitters" are not the actual intelligent aliens but their dogs. I mean they're naked! You think an intelligent civilization capable of space travel and building intergalactic ships know how to make clothes right? What's with the naked aliens? If their ship is so spotless clean they don't need clothes, wouldn't they wear something here on our dirty, icky planet? I wouldn't step out of my ship with at least some shoes and pants.

Fox (8 years ago) Reply

These flimsy five minutes were far better than the whole movie Battle L.A.

Sad, isn´t it?

Count me in - I´ll definetely watch "Falling Skies".

Abercrombie Zombie (8 years ago) Reply

"agentorange" said: "Between Falling Skies, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, BSG coming back and The Killing, scripted tv is owning right now."

I couldn't agree more!

MrSatyre (8 years ago) Reply

I'm with Fat Legs and Nick. Very formulaic.

John (8 years ago) Reply