Christopher Webster [Celluloid 05.03.11] Tuvalu movie trailer scifi

A couple weeks back we heard that SyFy would be airing a TV movie based on the Red Factions game series in June. Well, here's the first trailer.

Synopsis:
Twenty-five years have passed since Alec Mason led the Martian Colonies to freedom and 12 years since vengeful enemies killed his wife, kidnapped his daughter Lyra and left a broken hero in their wake. Jake Mason, Alec's only son and an officer in the Red Faction Militia, has his world turned inside out when he discovers that now, 12 years after her kidnapping, his sister is still alive.

As a powerful new enemy swarms across the planet, Jake goes out to find her, only to learn that his lost sister is one of them -- a cold-blooded soldier sworn to destroy the Red Faction. Vernon portrays The Matriarch, leader of the tribal Marauders sect.

Directed by Michael Nankin (Caprica, Battlestar Galactica), Red Faction's: Origins stars Brian J. Smith (Stargate Universe), Robert Patrick (Terminator 2: Judgment Day), Kate Vernon (Battlestar Galactica), Gareth David-Lloyd (Torchwood) and Devon Graye (Dexter).

So what do you think? Will this kick start a new series?

Red Faction ArmageddonXbox 360 Action Games)

Via: Machinima

I hate syfy! I HATE SYFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The movie looks like what i'd expect from syfy these days. CRAP!

Man Robert Patrick looks OLD

RalphLockwood (6 years ago) Reply

I can only assume that Robert Patrick had some fun on his way to looking that old! Hey, it looks like SyFy Campy Fun! I'll watch it! It has some good actors in the cast and there's always hope they managed to get a good writer on the staff.

Wraith (6 years ago) Reply

Sy Fy Imagine Greater.

John (6 years ago) Reply

Only on syfy - good, we have it contained.

meh. syfy. meh. pass

I was apprehensive when I first heard about this considering the track record for turning games into film. So many of them come out very poorly. After watching the trailer however, I have to say I’m actually pretty excited. And the thought of it turning into a series opens up some interesting possibilities. This is also going to look great on my new high definition home theater setup. Between my employer, DISH Network offering HD free for life and the cost of new HD sets coming down I finally made the switch. And I’m glad I did because everything with special effects looks so much better now. I love it and wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who may be sitting on the fence about upgrading.