Christopher Webster [Celluloid 05.28.11] movie trailer thriller adaptation

Wow, deja-vu all over again.

David Fincher nails the look of the original Swedish Dragon films so much here that you really wonder why the hell they were made at all. I mean, besides the fact that now English people can watch without having to sit through subs.

Anyway, that was my first thought. The trailer itself is pretty slick. No dialogue and booming Led Zeppelin cover by Reznor.

Synopsis:
A journalist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing -- or dead -- for forty years by a young female hacker.

The American version stars Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara as the titular girl with.

Read rochefort's review of the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo film.

Watch the leaked red band trailer after the break.

You might like: The Stieg Larsson Trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) on Blu-ray

John (8 years ago) Reply

Firstly: Only Noomi Rapace can be Lisbeth Salander,
Secondly: Rooney Mara is unconvincing and unappealing at pretty much anything, pitty Freedy did not get her,
Thirdly: I hope this fails.

Ah, John, king of the douchebags, your insightful knowledge of an unreleased movie based on a minute and a half trailer convinces me that you should really learn to shut the f**** up

Marina (8 years ago) Reply

All I want to know is... Where do I get that cover? Ross & Reznor strike again!

John (8 years ago) Reply

Nobody stops anyone from enjoying american garbage cinematography.

Alex (8 years ago) Reply

Looks like a shot by shot of the Swedish version. Question is why was this made again? Remember how everyone thought the re-make of 'Let the right one in' would be a hit and it flopped big time? The budget for this movie is $100 million so will have to make over $200 million just to break even. I don't think they will break even.

panzerfaust (8 years ago) Reply

Noomi Rapace was great in the original but everything else about those movies sucked. So much looking forward to Finchers movie.

very lazily cut trailer, just a few frames at a time, no attempt to get story across

Damn it looks good guys! I look forward to seeing what they did differently this time around.
liking the trailer, syncing the scenes to the tempo of the music was clever.

FICTIS (8 years ago) Reply

Well, I'm surprised, obviously they went a bit deeper than the swedish version (wich I liked by the way) into the troubled relationships of Michael. The lack those did not impair the film but there were missing elements still. Fincher is a good choice for the type of film, I must say I'm curious.

ReplicA (8 years ago) Reply

I enjoyed the originals, and Fincher is an amazing director, even though I haven't seen anything he's done since Zodiac. (Benjamin button looked stupid as fuck, and the facebook movie? Seriously?) I'll watch this for sure.

@ ReplicA

"No comment on Johns comment this time, as it's already been said. Great reply, anon :D"

Your welcome! What's the point on commenting further on John's truly idiotic statements when his biggest comeback is mocking me for liking the cinematography (which I think he was trying to mock me for liking 'garbage american cinema"), which I never said I liked it (but I do) and its based on a poorly recorded cam video. I don't think captain idjit even had the proper vocabulary to even write the comeback he wanted to.

But all said and done, you should check out the Social Network and Benjamin Button, despite your reservation. They're not typical Fincher fare but it seems to work for him and are actually pretty good. I think fincher was going through a 'lets make a great film from absolutely nothing" phase and it seemed to work.

pw (8 years ago) Reply

not a fan of remakes, but the trailer has my interest. Fincher is a hellva director. i'll always like the originals, willing to give the remake a chance.

btw - does that reznor remix of immigrant song kick ass?

John (8 years ago) Reply

LOL you guys, is your life so empty and meaningless, that you get upset by one comment, from a person you do not care for, know, or plainly choose to disregard?
Who cares what I or you say, people will see or not see this, not like you or I are supreme rulers of truth, to govern what others think.
Also it seems nice for you repA to reply to yourself as anonymous, well good for you, any therapy of venting is a good one, keep up the hate.

John Psychologically your clueless.

your just adding a negative vibe to this board.

and yet you go LOL guys....seriously man think before you post.

Trailer looks fantastic!

FOCYU (8 years ago) Reply

I smell a stinker Finchers work is bland and the original is GREAT so why remake it CASH CASH CASH not a great creative spring board for cinematic greatness.

bibipbub6 (7 years ago) Reply