Marina Antunes [Celluloid 06.01.11] movie trailer news action

Searching for details on a Bollywood movie starring superstar Shah Rukh Khan is like searching for a needle in a haystack. There’s lots of hubbub about the leaked Akon song which will appear in RA. One (AKA Random Access Version One), but very few details on the plot and story of the upcoming superhero flick.

Yes, you read right. A Bollywood superhero.

Originally scheduled to open earlier this year, the extended post-production of RA. One, which includes work by a special effects team from Hollywood, has pushed the film's release back to October. There's now talk about the possibility of the movie being released in 3D but Khan has been cautious about confirming or denying the rumour, focusing his energy on just getting the best story he can onscreen and for good reason too; the film is co-produced by his production company Red Chillies Entertainment.

As for details on what it's actually about… your guess at this point is as good as mine. Khan plays G.One, a newly minted superhero who, you guessed it, goes around saving the day. He wears a cool looking suit somewhat reminiscent of Iron Man but he also seems to have some sort of telekinetic super power.

I have a serious soft spot for Bollywood, mostly because I love the mix of comedy, romance and action with a slightly different aesthetic than I'm used to seeing from Hollywood productions and the last few I've seen (most recently the hugely successful Kites) have featured some pretty impressive stunts and effects. And I can't lie, I crush on Khan who seems to be getting younger with every movie (though it's pretty apparent that there's some serious amount of airbrushing going on in this poster never mind the trailer).

There’s a pretty cool 30 second teaser on the film's official website but the first theatrical trailer has appeared and it's spiffy featuring sneak peeks at some extensive action sequences. I'm definitely excited.

Trailer after the break.

JOE (8 years ago) Reply

BEST MOVIE EVER

ReplicA (8 years ago) Reply

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, NOTHING good has EVER come out of bollywood. But at least the trailer was laughably bad.

John (8 years ago) Reply

So now, you are stating nonsense, and basing the entire movie on a trailer. LOL
Oh snap, didn't you just accused me a few posts down of doing the same.
Wait, you just trashed the entire movie industry of India, which produces 3x the amount of entire US HollowWood ;) production, rofl.
Not to mention how xenophobic and retarded does that sound.
If you do not understand a culture, it does not equate to it being <i>nothing good ever</i>.
O how I love hypocritical creatures like you.--

That aside, doesn't Iron Man, Casshern and Goemon, Krrish look strikingly similar to this.

Synopsis wise, rumor has it:
"What if something that is meant to be played starts playing with your life..."

The film is supposedly about a video game designer who watches a villain he create (Ra.One) exit the game and start terrorising the real world, and so is forced to enter the game himself to stop him.
"

So apparently Russle Crowe Virtuosity
comes to mind.

ReplicA (8 years ago) Reply

HAhahaaa, I've actually never accused you of judging an entire movie on a trailer. I've accused you of being a downer-prick, a troll, and general douche bag, but I haven't accused you of bashing a movie based on a trailer. That's probably someone else who finds you the "negative nelly" of quietearth.

The amount of films produced from a country does not equal quality, sorry. That's pretty failed reasoning there. They might produce a lot more movies than Hollywood, but they are all crap. So how does that make them better? But you are vastly more worldly than me, so link me to some trailers of movies from Bollywood that aren't awful, and I'll take a look.

And yes I do understand the culture, as my 2 best friends of the past 10 years are Indian. They also hate everything Bollywood has made, and feel that most of what comes out of India, in general, is pure crap.

Nice try, John, but again your ignorance knows no bounds, and your mouth has run away from you. Thanks for playing, and better luck next time

John (8 years ago) Reply

Who is trolling now...
Pitiful.

Wonder if they credited the video game INFAMOUS.

replica you are the most ignorant human being i have ever seen
1) you can not compare hollywood with your bollywodd. Hollywood is being watched by most of the world - So return is pretty good and investment can be safe though bollywood is for specific target audiences so ofocurse if they over invest they can not recover it from that size of Audience. So shut up
2) You can see everything which is shown in Hollywood and yet you don.t laugh , even if cars are turning into robot, some blue colors ugly species on a diff planes, and O MG how can i forgot about the guy with a glasses who is having his 8th movie ..please STOP it ..buy they won;t as they know there are millions of fools like you to pay them back for showing the same thing again and again hahaha
3) people like you were saying the same thing about chinese cinema as well like 15- 20 years ago about their quaity and style and now it's taking over the hollywood and HEY.. YOU GUYS have quitely ACCEPTED THEM after whinging about it !!!!
3) NO ONE ASKED YOU TO WATCH THE BOLLYWOOD , Go home and ENJOY UR IMAGINATIVE MOVIE World and tell your Indian friends to F*** themselves up

ReplicA (8 years ago) Reply

That's a very good come back John, seriously, is that it? Don't address anything I wrote, don't defend your stance, just call me a troll. I guess I was right about you the whole time.

Anonymous, me and John don't get along, but at least he has the balls to show who he is, and not hide behind being anonymous.

Now about your post. I tried reading it 3 times, but it still makes no sense. I get that you're trying to insult me, but beyond that, it's pretty incoherent. I'll try and address your concerns though.
1) I wasn't comparing hollywood to bollywood, John did that. I did however say Bollywood's movies all suck, though. And I stand by that. They're crap, simple as that. You might like them, that's cool, but to me they're crap.
2)I'm sorry, you lost me on this one. "You can see everything which is shown in Hollywood and yet you don.t" I guess you mean I don't see all the movie's hollywood shits out? No, I don't. No one but critics do that. What's your point? And seriously, the rest of this makes no sense at all. Sorry
3)Now YOU'RE generalizing an entire group of people. Where's your argument now?
4) I guess you mean to put 4) there, but were too upset to realize it. Whatever, I'll let it go. You are right there, no one asked me to watch this movie, and only a few from bollywood. I don't have to watch them or comment on the posts about them. You are correct there. I won't comment on your "go home" statement, as it's pretty obvious I am home while typing this... I will enjoy my imaginative movies, when I can find them, thanks.

f u c k U All (8 years ago) Reply

THIS LOOKS LIKE INFAMOUS GAME COLE.... F*** U INDIANSSS

Rick (7 years ago) Reply

motherfucker

rockguy (8 years ago) Reply

i see a pretty tension goin over here bout bollywood nd hollywood.Ofcouse h'wood is the industry dat produces one of finest movies in world becuz it leart frm its failures u see muvies f decades back in h'wood many of dem were crap nd made no sense but it was the strt nd every one needs 2 strt.same phase b'wood is facin nw its tym of b'wood 2 learn.nd also dnt judge b'wood muvies with its vfx muvies it also has produce some serious stuff in which u can differentiate b/w quality as to h'wood ,they showcase amazing stuffs.b'wood is learnin its has grown a lot in just a decade faster than hollywood.nd one fact dat most of u nt kno is dat sum of hit h'wood muvies vfx nd editing stuff were done in india by outsourcing in which technicians in india do stuffs lot more cheaper than wat it took in hollywood.list of such muvies include pirates of caribbean dead man's chest,ghost rider etc

Sanjay bhose (7 years ago) Reply

don't get worried about sharukh , he will recover the cost or he can earn it buy dancing for few minutes in some ones marriage ,advertisement ,or in inauguration or brand ambassadorial for some products ,he will earn that money in few days or much more then that ,think about our country ,inflation ,corruption , black money ,politicians looting us , Anna hazare who is the real hero fighting for country ,
According to Swiss bank reports :money stashed i swiss banks belongs to politicians , Bollywood Stars,Now u know why do the picturization or shooting of most Indian songs take place in Switzerland ,yes they r enjoying with hard earn money of common man who pays taxes for every thing and they enjoy on that money thats too tax free in turn we make them more rich by watching their movies in theaters ,and also paying entertainment taxes which is about 50% we making them more rich ,they have sold RA-1 rights to television for rs more then 40 crore so it will be obviously on TV , so why don't to watch free ON tv instead of spending our hard earned money and make them rich ,why we should be always loyal and don't watch pirated versions,why only common man is expected to be loyal Yes he will make lot of money and much money ,he will be much richer because there r many fools to watch his movies and fill his pocket and make him more richer and we have to fight for month to earn thousand of rupees and from which we will spend on his movie to make him more richer , They Blocked my video from you tube because they got worried.
RA-1 Very Bad special effects Made by child, and they say very expensive movie, money only given to stars for parties m why to watch this low budget action film , Ramsey films better, Spend high cost is sham , a gimmick to give hype to the movie, effects taken from X-men, fantastic 4 etc but r of inferior quality sp I down loaded on my face book many ideas r taken from Robot too.

RA-one has copied bit from here and there even from Tamil films like Robot.
Every bit is copied from here and there see. It has even copied the posters from Hollywood films at least they must show some creativity